Ol Roy New Food

Guest WhiteWave

Guest WhiteWave

Found a new food today by Ol Roy. It is not great, but a decent looking food and another option for those that shop at Walmart. Never in a million years did I think I would even consider a food by Ol Roy!

I know ingredient nazis will pick it apart- pea protein (how much meat is really in there?) poultry fat (from duck? chicken? turkey?) etc. I'm not recommending the food, but just thought it was a step in the right direction for a food that is normally corn based. For the money though, you can find better foods for same or not much more, but some people don't want to go to specialty stores or order online. So not a bad option for them to try.

But it does have beet pulp high up in the ingredients so might work for some Greyhounds who have issues with fancier foods.

The lamb and rice 23% protein 15 % fat $39.97 for 30lb bag

20120714_145250.jpg

Chicken and Rice $31.97 30lb bag

20120714_145331.jpg

Guest WhiteWave

Peas is not an issue. But a lot food nazis have issues with "pea protein" as an ingredient. One of the foods I rotate with has pea protein (Earthborn Holistic Meadows Feast) and they (people on a nutrition board) keep saying it doesn't have much meat then. My question is how do they know what it has? They haven't seen the amounts of each ingredient! My dogs do great on the food, I can afford it, so I'm going to feed it in my rotation.

I am feeding Nutrisource Lamb grain free now and it has peas. My dogs do much better on peas than potatoes or other grains. I would rather have corn than potatoes in a dog food based on the results I've seen with my dogs.

Guest BrianRke

When I saw the topic of "Ol Roy" I cringed, but after reading the ingredient list, its not bad. Looks better than Iams, IMO.

Guest WhiteWave

It is called Pure Balance then underneath it says by Ol Roy.

I was thinking it looked better than either Iams or Purina One which are better of the foods Walmart carries.