It's Taken Me Since 2/2011 To Come Back To This Site

Guest Greytious

Guest Greytious

From these pages, the most wonderful people in the world reached out and shared their knowledge and experience. I did follow the advice and I am glad I did. My last post, 2/2011 announced that I held my sweet baby while his soul was set free. As I tried to absorb one of the greatest losses of my SHORT 50 years (!) Moosie -my other grey-son; 2 months later lay in my arms while dying.

Both were 12 years old and full of themselves and life! I am greatful I was chosen to be their mother. I now look to my side and see Tate; a 3 year old knucklehead who will one day break my heart......The ability to love through the pain of the past with the knowldege of reoccurance is MUCH easier than I anticipated!

Thank for all you did and all the wisdom you shared. I hope now to be able to assist someone else in navigating a journey I have survived. (I actually lost three loves that year; Safari and Moosie as well as a 17 year old mutt-man Maxwell who stayed with me until I wasn't broken anymore!). Today; Tate the Greyt, Etta the toy poodle who was discarded and Maddie the Lab who got a bad rap give me joy joy joy!! If I were wealthier I would have more!!

Thank you again, you are all so very very valuable.

Elizabeth & Tate

What a heartwarming story. We all have been there, but it is so nice to have people and critters who care.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

What a wonderful story. they are blessed to have you. I fear I may be in a similar situation soon...we just lost Garry to osteo 3 weeks ago. Missy (nearly 13 ) is having a terrible time with LS..the last two days have been so bad for her. It hurts me to see her like this. I know at 13 her time is limited. I also have my little crazy Ig..age unknown as he was a rescue from the pound. He is losing vision and hearing..so not a young one.

Thank you for sharing your story..this site offers so much for our hounds and owners!

Yes, that is such a beautiful story. I was getting tears in my eyes. I, too, lost two of my greys last year. I loved them both and one was my true heart dog. I sat with him on the floor with his head in my lap and let him go. I could not even talk about it for so long. I was certain I was not going to let my heart break again because it was in too many pieces. Well, it took about 3 weeks without these beautiful greys and I went and rescued another grey boy. He is a sweetie.

Funny how they have the amazing ability to glue all the broken pieces together. So glad you are sharing your story.

Elizabeth, you are absolutely correct in your description of GTers! They are absolutely the most generous of people anywhere! Thank you for sharing your story and we certainly hope you decide to stick around a while. Congratulations on opening your home and heart to Tate, Etta and Maddie who need you as much as you need them!

This topic is not to be explored lightly nor does anyone want to create a thread, but there is no safer place to bare one's heart and soul.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead