Limping And Tripping Worse After Adequan And Acupuncture

Missy had her first adequan injection yesterday and an acupuncture treatment later in the day (not her first, she has had it for couple years) Yesterday was a great day, even before the shot and treatment. She has LS and arthritis. Had a depo shot last week. No other changes to her supplements. Vet added amox due to suspected uti as a result of the steroids.

Today: much worse. Limping, stumbling and did not want to walk this morning. I thought after a rest she would be better, but she is not at all improved.

I plan on calling my vet and left a message for acupuncturist.

Has anyone seen this in their hound?

I am worried about my old girl.

Sorry no ideas. Just good thoughts for your girl. Is it possible the humidity is getting to her?

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

ACUPUNCTURE GOES TO THE ROUTE OF THE PROBLEM AND OFTEN BRINGS OUT THE SYMPTOMS EVEN MORE. THEN THE SYMPTOMS DO SEEM TO SUBSIDE. I'VE BEEN GOING FOR YEARS FOR MYSELF AND WHEN TREATED FOR MIGRAINES -I'LL RETURN HOME TO A WOPPER OF A MIGRAINE, IT PASSES AND THEN I'LL FEEL MUCH BETTER FOR QUITE SOME TIME. CURRENTLY I'M BEING WORKED ON FOR ACID REFLUX- THE STEM/ROUTE OF IT IS WITHIN THE LIVER MERIDIAN AND IT'S DAMP HEAT. WELL, AFTER TREATMENT I DO FEEL THE STUCK DAMP HEAT THRU OUT THE ENTIRE MERIDIAN(FEELS LIKE A MIGRAINE IN MY LEGS). I DID GO BACK FOR A FOLLOW UP TO CONTINUE TO MOVE THE ENERGY(THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT). YUP, IT'S DOING THE TRICK AND STARTING TO FEEL BETTER. AS MY ACUPUNCTURIST TELLS ME, TREATMENTS ARE LIKE UNPEELING AN ONION- AND YOU HAVE TO UNPEEL IT- WHICH CAN BE ANYTHING BUT PLESANT. SO, THIS IS WHAT YOUR DOG IS MOST LIKELY FEELING. EITHER GIVE IT A COUPLE OF DAYS OR TALK TO THE AUCPUNCTURIST AND ASK FOR A FOLLOW-UP VISIT. HE MAY HAVE SOME "STUCK" ENERGY.

Thank you both..the acupuncurist called it a healing crisis? not sure if doing adequan on same day was a good idea. she is scheduled for acupuncture thursday again..will ask the doctor about doing the adequan a day early or later. I am going to do it myself. or move up acupuncture.

Last night she was due for her neurontin around midnight and naturally I fell asleep only to wake up at 2:45..she was in bad shape. falling, holding up the right leg. her left is the side that is weaker, she had the adequan on the right. I gave the gabapentin at 2:45 then her regular tramadol at 7 am. Gaba is every 8 hours...so now her schedule is all thrown off...I am wondering if it ok to give the gaba a little early to get her back to a schedule I can handle.

Did speak with vet tech as my vet was off yesterday. He said to give her 24-48 hours. I can call or email my vet today. She seems happier today..yesterday was a major grump. looked so sad. i did walk her this morning..a tiny tiny bit better than yesterday. ..

Thank you all so much!

a tiny bit of changes..her mood seems better. she is still favoring her right leg, which started the day after both treatments. that makes the weakness in her left leg more troublesome.

I should have called my vet yesterday, but wanted to give her one more day. and today the vet is off and tomorrow as well..I will send her an email shortly.

Still having great difficulty walking..wants to but stumbles and stops for a while. I am trying not to walk her today to rest her, but she is so stubborn..refuses to "go" in the yard when she knows she gets a walk.Thanks