1St Time Owner

Guest 18tjettagrl

Guest 18tjettagrl

Hi my name is Amy. My Husband and I just recently adopted a Greyhound June 11th. Victoria Ann is her name and she is super sweet. I'm not sure what to expect but I've read some of the forums and feel a little better in knowing it might take them some time to adapt to their new surroundings. However she fits right in with our family. Plus she has a set of new parents & a set of grandparents ready to spoil her. I can't wait for this new adventure and her new adventure. She should be prepared to be spoiled one way or another and find plenty of love and play time. I'm sure learn some things along the way *goes for both of us*.

Guest FullMetalFrank

She looks sufficiently spoiled to me! I love the pic in the chair; these little girls like to claim a favorite spot. :beatheart Welcome to GT!

Welcome :welcome from Michigan!

Your girl is just beautiful. I'm looking forward to hearing about your future adventures together.

These hounds are such kind souls - they have such amazing personalities. As Victoria Ann settles in, you'll see more and more of her true personality. It is so fun to watch a new hound blossom with a loving family to call their own.

Has anyone warned you about the collars yet? :hehe Having a beautiful girl greyhound can lead to collar hoarding. :nod

Nice to meet you - have fun!

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

:welcome

She is a beauty and looks like she's settling in very well!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Several Greytalkers are on Instagram. Find some of our IG names here: http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/286791-instagram-are-you-on-it/#entry5252900

Welcome to you and to Victoria Ann :)

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Congratulations and welcome to GT! Your new girl is beautiful and reminds me a great deal of my angel, Chloe. I look forward to hearing more about her seeing more pictures.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

If you do not have a support group you might want to contact GPA Louisville. You can socialize your greyhound by taking them to meet and greets and other events. They are also there for you if you have any questions, concerns or problems.

www.gpalouisville.org/

You might also be interested in attending the Greyhound Bluegrass Festival sponsored by Shamrock Greyhounds. The dates are June 27 - 29.

http://www.greyhoundsofshamrock.org/festival/

Victoria Ann is beautiful.

Edited by Tallgreydogmom

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest 18tjettagrl

Thank you all for the welcome! We adopted her from the Shamrock Foundation and wanted to go to the Bluegrass Festival but neither of us could attend that day. We look forward to many more meet and greets though so we can get her out and about. I can tell you we weren't sure how quickly she'd settle in, but she seems to be doing it quickly. The cat keeps looking at both my husband and I as if to say "hey where did this big ugly cat come from?" But they both seem to get along with each other fine.

We both leave around 6:30 to be at work and then grandpa or grandma comes over to let her out and play with her until we get home. Soooo...she's become pretty spoiled. If she's not here my parents who live a mile away come walk over and walk her back to their house and then I pick her up after work. Yay doggie day care! I can tell you this baby is so sweet and sure as she gets 100% comfortable we'll see more and more of the personality come out.

Guest 18tjettagrl

Welcome :welcome from Michigan!

Your girl is just beautiful. I'm looking forward to hearing about your future adventures together.

These hounds are such kind souls - they have such amazing personalities. As Victoria Ann settles in, you'll see more and more of her true personality. It is so fun to watch a new hound blossom with a loving family to call their own.

Has anyone warned you about the collars yet? :hehe Having a beautiful girl greyhound can lead to collar hoarding. :nod

Nice to meet you - have fun!

Completely forgot to add...yeah already started the search of collars and bought her a new one. However, now I see about a billion different ones I like, this might get ugly lol

Guest DeniseL

Hi Amy! So glad you found this forum! Your baby is georgous! My husband and I just our first 2 weeks ago, and brought home our second last week! A boy and girl! We are hooked...it had been a little challenging, but VERY FUN!! There is so much great info on here, we feel like we have a lot of support. Good luck! :)

Hi Amy!! She looks a lot like my girl Cody when I first got her! In other words, gorgeous!! :hehe

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Victoria Ann is beautiful, she looks like a real sweetheart!! :heart

Welcome to GT! :welcome2

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I love her name...she's beautiful and her name suits her. What a lucky girl she is too. Welcome and I look forward to lots of pics and stories.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

OMG!!! As soon as you said your greys name and I saw where you were from I knew you adopted from Shamrock! I've been a lurker for a few months now. My husband and I live in Madison, Indiana are wanting to adopt a grey soon, and Shamrock is on our list of possible groups to go with. Right now we are just looking. I got a new job and I'm looking to settle into my schedule and then we will move from there. Victoria Ann is so beautiful! I saw her on that site for quite a while. Congratulations on your new addition! I'll probably be picking your brain more about Greyhounds of Shamrock and how the whole adoption process went. Well congrats again!!!

Congrats on youe new hound and welcome to GT. We have a girl and a boy and they are both brindles. We are partial to the striped ones. We have also had a brood mom who was also a brindle. As time goes by you will find out how addictive thes pups can be. Enjoy!

Welcome from Rhode Island!

What a beautiful girl!!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.