Getting Along?

Guest DeniseL

Guest DeniseL

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the feedback you have been giving my husband and I.

We brought home our 2 yr old big boy yesterday, Miami. So far, so good, except for some marking, which is improving already, and he hasn't really eaten, but I'm not too concerned about that yet.

My question is this....so fast they seem to be getting along ok. Miami has only growled at Thyme twice, once when she to walk on the bed he was laying on. The other time was when they came in from walk and both were kinda excited and standing very close to each other. I'm pretty sure this is normal, but when should I be concerned? How will I know the difference between normal introductory growling/scuffling and a real problem? Should I correct Miami when he growls or stay out of it?

Thanks!

Denise

I stay out of scuffles between my two unless Capri gets snappy, then I scold her. I forget if Thyme is a boy or a girl, but I've noticed that the girls are.... well, now I see the reason why they call female dogs the B-word. :lol She's frequently snarling and growling at Ajax, simply for walking near her. Sometimes it seems like she's snarling just because he's breathing. :rolleyes: We ignore it for the most part. Dogs need to establish their own hierarchy in the family, and studies have shown that when people try to change the pack order, only bad things happen. Step in only to protect them - if teeth come out, then so does mom's Voice of God.

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

Give them both time.

The new dog has no idea how to act in a household.

I also tend to stay ignore little snarls...sometimes I give a little 'AhAh' sound....depends on who is snarling and why.

I would muzzle both - or crate - if you are not there to supervise.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg