Rescue Remedy Dose?

Guest capers7

Guest capers7

Hello, For Rescue Remedy, I have done some searches and have seen doses from 4 drops to half a dropperful on the tongue. What is the recommended dose and how often should you give it? My Theo is a brave and fearless creature in the face of everything except these fireworks. He is a shivering, bug eyed, panting, scared pup. I just got some RR and have given him 4 to 5 drops, but just wondered how often can it be done? Seems like everyone is just going to continue the partying through the weekend. He does not eat or drink anything when he is like this. He is a seizure dog, well controlled on phenobarb and potassium bromide, and not brittle at all, but I worry about his being this stressed for this long. We are getting up at 2 a.m. to eat, which does seem to help, but all day muscle quaking must be taking a toll! Poor boy... :beatheart

Also, all I could find was the human kind, does that matter?

Julie, Theo, and Tigger the tyrant

Edited by capers7

More than you'd think. I've always given 2 or 3 droppers full (which are really only 1/2 full because of that funky slanted dropper). Have only used the human kind.

I've used this much on mine as well.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

It varies from dog to dog, but don't be surprised if it doesn't work at all. Mine could drink the whole bottle and it would have no effect. It has never worked for any dog I've owned and never worked for me, either. On the other hand, I know people who swear by it. I wish it did work for us. Good luck.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014