Greetings To Everyone

Hi everyone,

A newbie here, and I promise I will try to keep this introduction short. "Try" being the key word.

My name is Heather. My partner and I just adopted a Greyhound 10 months ago. He is our very first Greyhound. We have another dog, not a greyhound, but this is our first Grey. His name is Macho. He turned 5 on January 12th. He is a brindle boy. He currently weighs in at 72.5 pounds (was closer to 80..more on that shortly). He is absolutely adorable and has totally changed my world in a way no other dog or cat has (including the ones I have now).

I found this site by accident. And not a happy one. Our beloved Macho is one month post diagnosis for osteosarcoma. :bugeye:angry: . :brokenheart His tumor in his back left leg and he is non weight bearing. Needless to say it's been a rollercoaster ride. I won't post everything about it here (I did say I was going to keep this short didn't I? :nod ), but we are going for pain management due to the aggressiveness and trying to enjoy every moment we have. I am even working on a bucket list (called Macho's Biscuit List) for him to make sure we give him the best time possible.

I will say, although I stumbled upon this site from horrible news, and am still wading through the osteosarcoma threads, I feel at home already and am looking forward to getting to know you all and your babies and vice versa.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Guest PiagetsMom

Welcome to you :) I'm sorry your circumstances with Macho are what they are, but I'm so glad that you found and have enjoyed each other :grouphug

Guest IrskasMom

Ohhh how dreadful. But neverthless WELCOME :wave :wave :waveYou will find a lot of Information in particular about this dreadful Desease.

Have you by any Chance contacted Dr. Couto at OSU already, it might be a good Advice to do so. I am so sorry to dealing with this .

Thank you! If I knew what I know now... I would have still adopted him in a heartbeat!

I have contacted OSU..and they confirmed the diagnosis. That was the hardest news. Up until then I thought maybe the vet was wrong!

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)

Welcome to GT. I wish it could have been under better circumstances. We're all here to help even if it's just to listen when things get tough.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Heather, I so wish you were introducing yourself under better circumstances. I've been there and I know how much it sucks. I hope you have many quality days with Macho.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh my, I'm so sorry you've received this terrible diagnosis for your Macho. We'd love to see a picture of him.

You've definitely come to the right place for information, that's for sure.

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. :grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Thank you everyone! I will try to get a photo or two up soon!