How Cold Before A Coat?

Guest magiknat

Guest capers7

Well, one opinion for each dog and two per owner!! LOL! I love to coat my pup, but he would really prefer not to be. If we are actually walking, then he never needs a coat, even if freezing out, but if we stop to talk, he will start shivering. However, I will coat him with one of his fleece coats if it is raining, simply to keep him dry. Even in a fairly good rain shower, the fleece will keep most of him dry, so it is worth it, just shake it out, hang it up and it is usually dry in 12 hours or less. Although he makes it clear he is fine without one, he wears them with grace when I insist. He even does a fine job of modeling the new ones I make for sale, as long as cookies are involved in the process. :gh_bow

Julie, Theo, and Tigger the tyrant

Guest magiknat

I'll just go with the theory that if he seems cold I will put it on him! The dogs sleep in a room with a heated floor so they are toasty warm all night and don't need coats for night time :)