Gabapentin!

Oh my...what a difference in Missy since doubling the gabapentin! She also had a depo shot on Tuesday. I am hopeful things will continue to be good for her! At this time she is taking 2 tramadol in AM. 2-3 gaba 3x day. Vet said to hold off on Meloxicam for a while. She had acupuncture this morning..waited patiently on her bed!

Then she pushed past the gate on the steps and went upstairs!..I was not happy about that, but I guess she felt well enough to do it! I will surely watch her when she comes down..and I guess get a better gate!. I was thinking of adding in adequan for her, but not sure.

Great news!!! It can be a wonder drug.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Also noticed..she stopped licking/chewing her feet! She has done this for years. Most likely had nerve pain/tingling all along. Nice not to have wet beds all over the house as well.

Yep, Dee (totally forgetting her username at the moment) started a thread recently about her boy, Chad who has been licking his legs a lot. She found some information that pointed to that being a symptom of LS as well. Zuri does it too - it was one of the first things I noticed actually, the hind end stuff came after.

So glad the Gabapentin is helping. I wish more vets were familiar with it and the appropriate dosing.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."