If You Can Spare A Good Thought For Nube.it's Osteo.xrays

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah ... I would have thought 2w on Rimadyl would show signs of improvement. I didn't pay attention, but can you increase his tramadol does safely (say, to 1 every 8h instead of every 12h)? Just to give some relief until you can meet with your regular vet.

he's actually on 2.5 pills @ 50mg each so 150 mg total, at 3 times per day. Initially, we misread the Tramadol dosage and only gave him 1 pill 3 X day and after the first couple days and by that Wednesday (5/27) I thought he was doing so well I actually called the dr. to see if we even needed to start the Rimadyl (which he said to do and we did). It got worse again that Saturday (6/30) then a bit better again once we started the Tramadol up again (and the right dose) and by 7/4 he seemed to be better. But it's again gotten MUCH worse and he actually fell pretty bad going up the stairs last night. Bruce will be sleeping with him on the ground floor tonite and I fear we will end up moving the boy's crates down to the ground floor for good now :(

Bee Wiseman had X-rays with no sedation required.

Has Nube had X-rays yet?

Not yet, we had hoped the Rimadyl would help/solve the issue. I am NOT a fan of sedation either, but he had the exact same x-rays done on that same leg back in FLorida in November and really had a bad, bad time. He got the crap beat out of him and after that, now shakes so badly when going ANYWHERE I don't think he could handle having any done now without being in a "twilight" :(

Our vet (that we trust) is out this weekend but we have a 6:45pm appt on Monday -- but he leaves at 7pm and there's no way they could do the sedation that quick. I have a msg for him to call me early Monday morning so we can discuss the options, again I"m hoping they can do some maybe without sedating but not sure.

thanks again to all for their prayers, if you can keep them coming he sure could still use it :(

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest LindsaySF

An x-ray as soon as you can will tell you better what's going on in there. What Tramadol dose is he on now? Thinking good thoughts for you.

Yeah, it seems like x-rays are the only way to get to the bottom of this.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

An x-ray as soon as you can will tell you better what's going on in there. What Tramadol dose is he on now? Thinking good thoughts for you.

he's on the 2.5 pills (so 150mg) of the Tramadol. Initially we were only giving ONE pill, since the label read "2 1/2 pills" and we read it as two HALF pills (or 1 whole pill) and not 2.5 pills.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:nod

Thinking good thoughts for your sweet boy!

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Guest K9_Lady

I agree, good luck and smooches for Nube!

More good thoughts for Nube. :hope

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

hi guys,

Nube continues to worsen. We're bringing him in tomorrow morning so they can sedate and x-ray. I am so worried -- not only about the outcome and the sedation, but that he does so badly with other dogs, that will only stress him out more. I have a bad, bad feeling about all of this, I can't explain. He is not himself, seems very sad and looks to me like he's lost weight (although he's eating like a champ, thank God -- if he wasn't that would be the WORST sign, he's a total food hound).

we're bringing the crates down tonight so hopefully they do ok with that, they are very used to their routine -- but I'm sure they'll figure it out ok.

thanks again for all the prayers, I hate to ask for more but he sure could use them :(

His Daddy loves him as I do, more than anything in the world. He is the BEST boy and super snuggle bunny. :(

IMG_0317b.jpg

Edited by RaineysMom

Oh no I am just seeing this. Prayers feverishly going up from KY!!!!!!!!! I totally understand about the x-ray thing. Gilly is that way too. He goes NUTS if he is "manipulated" in any way; shakes and gets so upset it is terrifying to even watch and it takes very little "manuvering" to set him off. He too would probably not be able to be x-rayed without sedation. He would likely be injured physically-as Nube was-and not to even mention the mental part. Please give Nube a kiss and tell him his friends from Louisville are rootin' for him and said to get well quick! God bless all.

hi guys,

Nube continues to worsen. We're bringing him in tomorrow morning so they can sedate and x-ray. I am so worried -- not only about the outcome and the sedation, but that he does so badly with other dogs, that will only stress him out more. I have a bad, bad feeling about all of this, I can't explain. He is not himself, seems very sad and looks to me like he's lost weight (although he's eating like a champ, thank God -- if he wasn't that would be the WORST sign, he's a total food hound).

we're bringing the crates down tonight so hopefully they do ok with that, they are very used to their routine -- but I'm sure they'll figure it out ok.

thanks again for all the prayers, I hate to ask for more but he sure could use them :(

His Daddy loves him as I do, more than anything in the world. He is the BEST boy and super snuggle bunny. :(

IMG_0317b.jpg

Is it possible the vet can take him in through a different door at just the moment they are ready for him. We did that years ago with our spook girlie who was such a fright. It helped for her to not have to wait in the office with all the extra stimuli.

Good thoughts coming your way for a good outcome. I have been there with the same worry and it's very diffucult.

Is it possible the vet can take him in through a different door at just the moment they are ready for him. We did that years ago with our spook girlie who was such a fright. It helped for her to not have to wait in the office with all the extra stimuli.

Good thoughts coming your way for a good outcome. I have been there with the same worry and it's very diffucult.

we usually do that for regular visits but we have to just drop him off and leave him there so they can later sedate and take the x-rays, so it's not going to be a quick thing :( and they'll for sure kennel him while during the time he's there, next to other dogs which is one of our many worries.

Edited by RaineysMom

I hope I have the correct greyhound, Is this the same foot he had the thorn in awhile ago? I believe you were on vacation.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

I hope I have the correct greyhound, Is this the same foot he had the thorn in awhile ago? I believe you were on vacation.

that was the rear left foot that had (has still??) a foreign object in it. That took over 3 weeks to get better and it was harder on him than even this is because of his bad hind end weakness. This same leg (front right) came up lame the week before the other swelled up (while in Florida too) and that's when he got so beat up with the x-rays. The limp was gone after 4-5 days. Your question just made me go back to my "sent" file in my inbox, and I'd forgotten we'd bought these Muttlucks booties and they helped a lot -- I'm going to put one on and see if it helps?

Poor Nube, I am praying for him and you and your husband, it is so very hard not to worry, hang in there.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten