Jack 11/24/03 - 06/30/12

Charlies_Dad

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry you and Lynn have been going through such a tough time with your boys. They were both so lucky to have been picked by you and each had wonderful lives with you. If only every pup could be so lucky. It was too soon for them to go and I'm saddened by the sudden loss of Jack. May he rest in peace and run and fly with the wind.

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

I am so sorry for the loss of your handsome boy. Godspeed Jack!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

I'm very sorry to hear about Jack. Your crew is one of the few whom I tell about to my dbf, he was very saddend to hear about Jack, but said that it should comfort you that he is now with his brother :bighug

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Kyle, I am so very sorry to hear of your sudden loss of Jack, especially so soon after Charlie. Thank you for taking the time to share his story and the pictures with us. I loved seeing him snuggling with Angie and Peanut, and squirrel hunting with Charlie. It is obvious how much you and Lynn love him, and how heartbroken you all are without him.

Please take care of yourselves and your pack during this very difficult time....you have all been through way too much in the past few months...our thoughts are with you all. Janette, Harold, and the five-pack.

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

Oh Kyle :cry1:ohno :ohno I haven't been able to visit GT much lately and I am only just seeing this! :cry1

I am so terribly sorry :grouphug :grouphug :(

Thinking of you. sadhugsmiley.gif

Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Kyle, I don't know how in the world I missed this, but, I did. I'm so very sorry - Jack and Charlie are together again. Please take comfort in knowing that they both had the most amazing lives as part of your family. I know that is of little consolation right now following such a shocking loss...hugs to you and your family.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

How is Shelby doing? And the little ones? Hugs to you and Lynn :bighug

Maggie, Shelby is trucking along. She's a tough old girl and as long as her back doesn't cause her problems, she is good. Sort of like the Energizer Battery, just make sure she has her Gabapentin and she's good to go. She has started to run around our property here in Maine and doesn't show any signs she is grieving. The only one who is, is Peanut, Lynn's little girl. She is extremely sensitive and loved her big brothers. Every time we got the leashes out to take Jack for a ride, she was right there with him whether it was back home or here in Maine. Now she's taken to laying at the front door on the mat seeming to be waiting for Jack to come home....it is very sad to see her there and I know it's hurting Lynn. We try to keep her and ourselves occupied by beach walking twice a day and I think that is helping but she, like us, will always miss sweet Jack.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:grouphug :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Maggie, Shelby is trucking along. She's a tough old girl and as long as her back doesn't cause her problems, she is good. Sort of like the Energizer Battery, just make sure she has her Gabapentin and she's good to go. She has started to run around our property here in Maine and doesn't show any signs she is grieving. The only one who is, is Peanut, Lynn's little girl. She is extremely sensitive and loved her big brothers. Every time we got the leashes out to take Jack for a ride, she was right there with him whether it was back home or here in Maine. Now she's taken to laying at the front door on the mat seeming to be waiting for Jack to come home....it is very sad to see her there and I know it's hurting Lynn. We try to keep her and ourselves occupied by beach walking twice a day and I think that is helping but she, like us, will always miss sweet Jack.

Peanut :kiss2

Lynn had her blog going for a while and I read it everyday, can you please let her know that yamaha_gurl (same name on there) is thinking of her too?

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Kyle, I'm so very sorry about Jack's passing. I had no idea this had happened until someone asked how you were doing in the osteo thread. I can only imagine how hard it must have been for you and Lynn to watch him go so unexpectedly like that. I hope you take some comfort from the fact that he passed quickly and in your loving arms in his own home, which is probably all he could have asked for. I know it doesn't make it any easier though. :(

The stories and especially the pictures you posted are a testament to how wonderful a life Jack had with you. I know you miss him terribly, my deepest condolences to you and Lynn. :grouphug

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I am so incredibly sorry beyond words. :(

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Same here. There are no words. Please take care of yourself right now.

I am so sorry.

I lost my breath when I saw his name. I am so sorry. What a shock.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Peanut :kiss2

Lynn had her blog going for a while and I read it everyday, can you please let her know that yamaha_gurl (same name on there) is thinking of her too?

Kyle, would you also let Lynn know that I also think about her often. One of the highlights of my day was reading her blog. It was there that I learned about the special Gotcha Day quilts she made. My most treasured auction win is one of those quilts she donated to an auction. I couldn't imagine anything sewn with more loving hands, coming from a home filled with so much love to give. It is what I covered Bruiser with the day his tumor burst and his body shivered from the sudden blood loss.

My eyes are overflowing again with tears as I think about the loss of Jack you two are experiencing. I wish there were words to make it better, but I know there are none. Just know that for both Charlie and Jack you and Lynn made their lives the best they possibly could be.

There are no suitable words to describe Jack's loss. It's just not fair. It hurt like he11. It has to stop.

There are a few meaningful words. I am unable to imagine the depth of your losses this year. Charlie and Jack knew you loved them best. Charlie and Jack loved you more than they could ever express. Charlie and Jack had the best possible life with you and Lynn. Jack was a loving and sensitive soul who made that warm spot in your heart. He exuded love for your and his housemates. Ever steady, ever loving, forever Jack.

If it was possible, there are so many here on GT who would gladly help carry the burden of your grief. Please know you are both in my prayers.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest ss556

I am so very sorry for your loss. What a gorgeous sweet looking boy. I love the fawns. May he forever run free and may your pain subside. xoxo