Cup Size

Guest Beernardo

Guest Beernardo

Newbie question here, I got very confused after reading online how much a cup is, many agree that a cup of kibble should weight about 8oz, so that was my starting point and came up with a cup size with almost the same volume as one of those red plastic cups.

I would appreciate if some member post some pictures of a cup of kibble? I would like to compare.

I just use a measuring cup. Filled to the line at 1 cup and then I'm done.

You are not serious about the beer are you?

Edited by kamsmom

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

A cup is a measuring cup -- it's a standard objective measure. Kibbles can be more or less dense in that cup (larger kibbles create more air spaces between) and probably have different weights intrinsically, so there is no point in going by weight.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

I use the cup that came with the plastic bins I bought at Petco. I know they're technically more that a measuring cup, but it's okay. Just go by your dogs weight. Retired hounds should weigh no more than five pounds over their racing weight, so they're easy to gauge. Weigh the dog once a month for the first six months and when he loses weight feed him a tiny bit more, when he starts gaining, then cut him back a little. After a while you'll get a feel for what his proper normal intake is.

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

Guest Beernardo

You are not serious about the beer are you?

Of course not :)

Ok, I'll fix my measuring. He's doing fine nobody worry, he haven't been eating everything I've put in his bowl so he's been watching his own diet, I think he sensed he has a dumb newbie owner.

Thanks everybody!

I'm :rofl because when I saw the title on the GT home page my mind went elsewhere...

The measuring cup that came with my containers has the 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 & 1 c. measures built in which is actually very nice :)

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Guest Wasserbuffel

I bought a metal measuring cup from a thrift store for about fifty cents.

When people talk about a cup being 8oz, they're talking liquid measure. So, if you wanted to give him two cups of kibble, you would just measure out two level measuring cups. When you add the beer ( :flip ), you could either measure using a cup or weigh out 8oz.

Guest 2dogs4cats

I swear this has to be the only forum where you can get 14 replies about cup size! And yes, I thought this was a thread about the OTHER cup size too. I love GT!

I'm :rofl because when I saw the title on the GT home page my mind went elsewhere...

LOL!!! I thought about a different cup as well. Then your post made me think of another type of cup ---- we are so bad! :lol::evil

Edited by Pepsi2004
pepsi-2009.jpg?t=1262016678