Satin Balls Minus The Satin?

Substitutions would be appreciated for wheat germ and oatmeal, maybe even the Total cereal. Kasey is finally great with allergies now that he's been on raw, but he's such a lean machine that he's losing weight. He's allergic to the items I mentioned, so suggestions would be appreciated. No soy either, and gluten free if possible. Thanks!

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Guest WhiteWave

Just omit the ingredients you don't want. Meat, oil, molasses and eggs is fine and will put on weight when added to their regular meals. Although most dogs don't have an issue with oatmeal. You can also add beef fat in place of oils. The total cereal is really their for vit/min. You can add kelp and alfalfa or a supplement to replace it you feel the need to.

Any reason you can't just feed more of what he gets along with?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Just omit the ingredients you don't want. Meat, oil, molasses and eggs is fine and will put on weight when added to their regular meals. Although most dogs don't have an issue with oatmeal. You can also add beef fat in place of oils. The total cereal is really their for vit/min. You can add kelp and alfalfa or a supplement to replace it you feel the need to.

Is the fat in the molasses and oil? Allergic to kelp too unfortunately....you name it, he's prolly allergic to it. I thought the oatmeal and wheat germs is where the bulk of the "fattening" comes from.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

If he is already on raw, is he getting any beef or pork (?) I would just supplement with fattier meats like stewing beef, beef heart, pork, or eggs and give him extra. I find Teague has to eat a LOT of food to keep a normal weight....way more than my old (non-grey) dog who was the same weight, and both on mostly raw. I have heard oatmeal is good for putting on weight as well, but it sounds like you should be staying aways from all of that sort of stuff if he has the allergies. The most natural and best fat for dogs is from meat, so I would keep it simple and just add more!