Osteo Thread V

Emma, he's so cute and it's wonderful that he found his way to you. I'd love to give a home to a tripod someday, to honor Pinky's memory and also because my house is set up to accommodate a tripod.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emma, he's so cute and it's wonderful that he found his way to you. I'd love to give a home to a tripod someday, to honor Pinky's memory and also because my house is set up to accommodate a tripod.

That was our thought too - we were all set up for a tripod already, so why not?

I'm so sorry to hear about Pinky. :( I really hate this disease.

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

I'm so sorry Kristin. You were both warriors!

I so hear you about having a great vet. When we let Dude go, it was at the hospital where he'd had his surgery and cancer treatments, and lots of the techs and staff stopped by the room to say good bye to him. It made me cry as much as losing Dude, knowing that he'd had that effect on people, and that they were the type of people who were affected.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

It is with the heaviest heart that I type this...my sweet Pinky, my warrior girl, is gone :cry1 I got home from work tonight and while she was happy to go outside, her eyes told me that her little body was just too tired to carry on much longer. I made the decision to let her go tonight because I never wanted her to be a in a situation where she was unable to breathe, nor did I want her to be in pain. She was done fighting, and that's a good enough reason for me. She was doing her best to be here for me, and I just couldn't ask that of her anymore.

I'll do my best to be around here to be supportive of our new members of the club...it's not a club that anyone wants to belong to, but, I am damn glad that this wonderful group of people is here. The things shared here and the support received is invaluable to someone navigating these waters. Thank you all for everything you've contributed to my journey with Pinky.

Oh Krissy, I am so very, VERY sorry to hear this :cry1 :cry1 You and only you would know when it was her time and you gave her the GREATEST gift of love, one of a peaceful passing. :(

I reached out to Nube and told her to find Pinky -- one black doggie to another.

our hearts and thoughts are with you. Pinky was truly a fighter.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Uh yeah, Wendy, that practice sounds pretty horrible. Hopefully you can find someone else to do the massage. We've got a chiropractor who also does massage and does home visits here, and reasonably priced - we're very lucky.

Glad to hear that Kyle came through surgery successfully. :yay

Kristin, I'm so sorry. I saw your FB post as I was driving home and was so sad. :( I really admire you for making the tough decision you made today and thinking only of what was best for Pinky. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Got my sign already...laying here in bed I suddenly caught the smell of Pinky's feet :) Because her toenails grew funny and her paw pads got overgrowth, her feet have always had a different smell from the others :heart

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

I'm so sorry, Kristin. She was such a special girl, and you both fought so hard.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Kristin, I am beyond sorry. I know you were both battling so very hard and so hoped you would have more time with your sweet girl. Pinky was one of my favourite GT pups as her face was so sweet and her spirit so strong. Today is a very sad day as I read this as it is also Charlie's B-day. Wherever their spirits soar, I know Charlie will be there to meet Pinky and he will show her the way.

Run free and fast Pinky, you were an amazing girl.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest suzanne

Kristin, I am so sorry to hear about Pinky. I don't post here much since I lost my Freya to Osteo in September 2011 but I am always reading up and willing you guys on. Run free and happy Pinky x

OH no!!!!! Kristin - I am so sorry. You did the best by her every minute. I am sure my Macho was there to meet her along with the other Osteo hounds. Such a crappy thing to go through. Sending you my best.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Ace stayed in bed with me until I fell asleep, then she went to Pinky's bed in the closet for the rest of the night :heart She was always Pinky's playmate, so I'm worried the most about her. Dr. Bahns said to watch her for signs of flares with her leukemia :(

I'm sure Ace is missing Pinky. I hope she is okay.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

I just ordered Pinky's urn...I decided on this one:

vase_engraved_2_lrg.jpg

It will say Pinky, and have her birth date as well as her date of death, and underneath it I decided to have it say "Love you forever, big girl" because that's just what I always called her. It was SO HARD to call the vet's office and relay all of that, it just started me crying again. I know it will get easier and it hasn't been very long at all, but man, just taking care of things like that makes it all the more real. :( She should be home with us where she belongs next week sometime.

:bighug Krissy :bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am sorry to hear you had to loose Pinky and admire you for knowing it was the time to give her your final act of love and let her be pain free.

She has many of our pups waiting to play with her over the bridge.

Krissy, I am so sorry. :grouphug She was a more than special girl. I'm glad her spirit came back to snuggle with you.

Adding our best wishes for Kyle. How's he doing today?

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Beautiful urn. It is tough. (((Hugs)))

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Any Kyle updates?

I have a full unopened bottle of artemisinin that I'd like to pass along to someone who can use it. PM me and I'll get it in the mail.

Guest jenbush123

We are picking up Kyle from vet at 4:30 today (we were away for Thanksgiving so he stayed a few extra days). Vet says he is physically okay, a little drainage but nothing concerning, but he is very nervous walking. Hoping he gets better once he gets home in a familiar environment. This was one of my concerns with proceeding with amputation that he would be too nervous to move around much.

Great to hear Kyle will be coming home today! I am sure he will get better walking once he is home and knows his surroundings. Each tripod reacts differently and take different amount of time to adapt.