Osteo Thread V

Pinky has such a sweet face.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's an egg hound!

When mom failed to present the eggs within an acceptable time frame today, Pinky went to the kitchen looking for them :lol She knows the word "eggs" too!

Cash is, too! He knows the sound of them being peeled and will come running from any part of the house. They're like houndie crack.

Happy (early) ampiversary, sweet girl!

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Her legs are puffy <_< We finished the Zeniquin a couple of days ago, wonder if we need it back...

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

It was a year ago today that I discovered the lump on Gabe's leg. I discovered it around 10pm and immediately knew it was Osteo. I didn't sleep at all that night, and in the morning, my eyes were swollen shut from crying. A year ago tomorrow he was officially diagnosed.

I still can't talk about him without crying.

Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

:grouphug

Just talked to our vets...more Zeniquin for Pinky. Thank goodness she tolerates meds well.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

It was a year ago today that I discovered the lump on Gabe's leg. I discovered it around 10pm and immediately knew it was Osteo. I didn't sleep at all that night, and in the morning, my eyes were swollen shut from crying. A year ago tomorrow he was officially diagnosed.

Valerie, not the 'anniversary' any of us want. Your boy Gabe was stunning from the few photos I saw of him. I hope Charlie and him met up and are having a ball chasing each other.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Valerie, not the 'anniversary' any of us want. Your boy Gabe was stunning from the few photos I saw of him. I hope Charlie and him met up and are having a ball chasing each other.

I DO need to post more pictures of him. I'll try to get that together tomorrow. I'm also planning to take Cash for a car ride and a long walk (would take the girls, too, but Diamond is injured and has SA without Lucy). It seems like a fitting way to spend tomorrow afternoon. I know Gabe would fully approve.

Pinky had a tough time this morning...I fear we don't have much time left :(

:( Lots of hugs for you and your brave girl.

Guest grey_dreams

I'm so sorry Kristen. Treasure every second and take each moment as it comes without anticipating the future in any way. She may surprise you yet.

The mid-day Pinky report from my mom was good :D Just when she has me thinking she's had enough, she bounces back. She ate her mid-day meal and her eggs and was resting and drifting off to sleep when Mom called to give me the report :)

This means I can go to the Greyhounds Only RAVE tomorrow with my friends. :) I need some in-person time with people that understand. And a sea of greyhounds and their families will be a nice sight to see. Mom will check in on her mid-day just like she does while I'm here at work.

Cash and I did go to Mount Vernon today - one of Gabe's (and my) very favorite places. Cash wore a collar we bought in a fundraiser for Giles Express. It was calm and quiet - few tourists this time of day/year - and the weather was just perfect. It was such a happy, peaceful way to remember my sweet boy and to think about all of the hounds lost and the hounds still fighting. I'm really glad we went.

A lazy fall day there with Gabe, a little over a year before he was diagnosed - he LOVED to nap and people watch while I read a book.

Gabe6.jpg

Cash, this afternoon, in our "Giles collar." Just feet from where my avatar pic with Gabe was taken.

Cash-3.jpg

The mid-day Pinky report from my mom was good :D Just when she has me thinking she's had enough, she bounces back. She ate her mid-day meal and her eggs and was resting and drifting off to sleep when Mom called to give me the report :)

Yay for eating and for a good report! She's such a tough girl.

Looks like you had a nice day with Cash and remembering handsome Gabe :heart

I think I will start calling her Pinky, Warrior Princess :)

I'm so sorry about your Gabe :( :( glad you had a nice day today to remember him. :f_pink

This means I can go to the Greyhounds Only RAVE tomorrow with my friends. :) I need some in-person time with people that understand. And a sea of greyhounds and their families will be a nice sight to see. Mom will check in on her mid-day just like she does while I'm here at work.

glad to see she's doing a bit better this afternoon!

we'll be there with Larry tomorrow -- hope I can meet you in person! I'll be wearing a light green Greytwear shirt with "Greyhounds need homes" on the front and "Ask me about Greyhound adoption" on the back :D, my flying pigs with chef hats chef pants and of course, will probably have Mr. Larry in tow.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Pinky is moving around better today than she has in weeks :) Her stamina has improved, not sure if that's just a function of her getting used to moving around with her back leg being a little bit puffy, or if she's starting to put some muscle back on. Either way I'll take it!

Whoever suggested egg nog-she LOVES it. And, it has the same amt of calories per serving as Vanilla Ensure, but is much cheaper. Of course it has more fat in it, but really, as long as we're not taxing her pancreas, some fat isn't going to hurt her at all. Thankfully she has such a great digestive system that she can eat these things without an issue!

It was SO NICE to meet Wendy and Twiggy and Kim, Bruce, and Larry yesterday! Thank you again Wendy and Twiggy for the nanners with chicky...everyone loves them, but Pinky REALLY loves them!

:pinkele:banana:mexi2:banana:pinkele

Sounds like the Zeniquin is a big help. I love picturing Pinky drinking eggnog! So glad they all like the nanners & chicky (and sorry about your extra load of laundry!! :tomato(way to make a first impression...)) I'm so glad I finally got to meet you and Ace & Fritz.

Valerie, it looks like you and Cash found a lovely way to honor Gabe's memory. The anniversary must have been bittersweet.

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Wendy- don't even give it a second thought! It's not the first time that's happened and it definitely won't be the last! :lol

It has been made clear that I now need to figure out what sort of way I need to slice chicken in order to wrap it around banana slices and dehydrate...

It has been made clear that I now need to figure out what sort of way I need to slice chicken in order to wrap it around banana slices and dehydrate...

Pound it flat with a meat cleaver? Once you do that, it's easy to cut strips. That's what I do before dehydrating. My hounds have never insisted that I wrap it around bananas, but I can't see why that wouldn't work.

If they won't dehydrate at the same rate, dehydrate banana slices separately from the chicken, then make banana/chicken sandwiches (you could use some fresh, smushed banana to glue slices to each other).

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Cash and I did go to Mount Vernon today - one of Gabe's (and my) very favorite places. Cash wore a collar we bought in a fundraiser for Giles Express. It was calm and quiet - few tourists this time of day/year - and the weather was just perfect. It was such a happy, peaceful way to remember my sweet boy and to think about all of the hounds lost and the hounds still fighting. I'm really glad we went.

A lazy fall day there with Gabe, a little over a year before he was diagnosed - he LOVED to nap and people watch while I read a book.

Gabe6.jpg

Cash, this afternoon, in our "Giles collar." Just feet from where my avatar pic with Gabe was taken.

Cash-3.jpg

The beautiful Gabe. Valerie, I am glad you were able to honour your sweet boy in a special way. Cash looks like a sweetie too even though I know he was a tad energetic when you first brought him home.

Kristin, so glad to hear Pinky rebounded. I hope she continues having good days.

Pinky is moving around better today than she has in weeks :) Her stamina has improved, not sure if that's just a function of her getting used to moving around with her back leg being a little bit puffy, or if she's starting to put some muscle back on. Either way I'll take it!

Whoever suggested egg nog-she LOVES it. And, it has the same amt of calories per serving as Vanilla Ensure, but is much cheaper. Of course it has more fat in it, but really, as long as we're not taxing her pancreas, some fat isn't going to hurt her at all. Thankfully she has such a great digestive system that she can eat these things without an issue!

It was SO NICE to meet Wendy and Twiggy and Kim, Bruce, and Larry yesterday! Thank you again Wendy and Twiggy for the nanners with chicky...everyone loves them, but Pinky REALLY loves them!

hope she is continuing to do well!

it was great meeting you too!!! :) Give Pinky (and Ace and Fritz too!) a kissie from me!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

We have a checkup tomorrow...fingers crossed for better lab results :goodluck