Shelby Has Been At The Vets For Over A Day Now

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. :-( Would amicar be helpful I wonder? I hope they can get this finally under control very soon. Best wishes for all of you - the timing must be so hard on you.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. :-( Would amicar be helpful I wonder? I hope they can get this finally under control very soon. Best wishes for all of you - the timing must be so hard on you.

I have asked the vet to order some Amicar. I should have thought about this prior to her surgery but with Charlie passing and being told the laser would cauterize things I was not thinking straight.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

oh my goodness, Kyle, somehow I missed this thread and have just read it all in one go, I am so, so sorry to hear about Shelby. Poor girl :cry1

Sending a ton of good thoughts your way :goodluck:candle:goodluck:candle

Hang in there. :bighug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I started reading at the top of the thread and was pleased when I got to the part about the drain coming out. Then I read further :( Kyle you and Lynn must be worried sick and totally fed up. Praying this gets resolved ASAP. Many hugs and positive healing thoughts heading your way.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I have asked the vet to order some Amicar. I should have thought about this prior to her surgery but with Charlie passing and being told the laser would cauterize things I was not thinking straight.

When Demon needed Amicar, I found most pharmacies didn't have it in stock and it would take a day+ to order (being a Friday, several days). I called about 10 pharmacies but I found one with it in stock.

This was the first thread I checked on today for an update :hope :hope :hope

keeping the positive energy flowing and sending it out to you and your family this morning!

:bighug

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Oh no! I was checking in to see if she was doing a lot better and saw your update. Lots of healing prayers for your sweet baby.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

KYLE,

I am almost 100% positive I have a brand new bottle of Amicar I can next day air you UPS if you can't find any sooner. Let me know ASAP as I leave work at 1530. It would go out tomorrow and I think UPS could get it to you by Friday. It is not your fault you didn't think about it. That's supposed to be the vets job. Praying for all-especially Shelby.

KYLE,

I am almost 100% positive I have a brand new bottle of Amicar I can next day air you UPS if you can't find any sooner. Let me know ASAP as I leave work at 1530. It would go out tomorrow and I think UPS could get it to you by Friday. It is not your fault you didn't think about it. That's supposed to be the vets job. Praying for all-especially Shelby.

THANK YOU!!! I just responded to your PM, you are a saint!

Also just an update on Shelby. She is continuing to bleed and they still have her at the hospital. To top it off, the results came back that it is cancer. I don't know the type as Lynn took the call from our vet. I will hopefully find out later today. We just want to stop the bleeding and bring her home.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Aw crap.sad.gif What is the vet saying about the bleeding? Can the vet locate amicar locally? (awesome that racindog & trihounds can hook you up smile.gif) It's a people drug & hospitals should have it.

Edited by sweetdogs

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Oh Kyle...I simply don't know what to say...hugs to you and Lynn...

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

Hopefully you can get the amicar ASAP so the bleeding can be controlled.

I assume that they have rechecked hematocrit to make sure blood loss has not reached a critical stage? They might also need to recheck platelets to make sure levels are adequate.

edited to add - I really don't like to mention this and maybe I'm being an alarmist but, you might want to ask the vet whether there is any chance that this might be moving towards a DIC condition since it has been going on for a few days now.

Edited by MaryJane

Ramping up the prayers. Kyle if you need to get her transfused, call me. LifeStream Blood Program should be able to get you any blood products you need. I have Sandy's cell number. LifeStream

Kyle - I have 3 Amicar you are welcome to. Had to be brought in from Guelph. Want us to meet Lynn?

Just wanted to be sure you saw this too.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Da*mn.

Was away from my computer all day yesterday, so I'm just now catching up.

Hope you got the meds you needed and Shelby is on her way home.

Yes...call LifeStream.

My hounds all donated blood there last month

Our GSD and POinter were both donars.

One of our Dobes would not have survived her spay a few years ago if it was not for Joan an Sandy.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest azlorenz

Damn it all to heck. This is just so not fair. Prayers coming your way on the double. Thinking of you all.