Shelby Has Been At The Vets For Over A Day Now

Glad she is home. :hope for a good biopsy report. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelby, you poor baby ohno.gif

You need one big puppy hug ghchild.gif

Have your dad sneak you a few extra cookies today if it doesn't hurt to chew.

getwell.gif

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Oh Shelby. I'm glad she's home, poor muffin. What meds is she on?

She's on an antibiotic and Tramadol as needed (once a day).

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Feel better soon, sweet pea!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Glad she's home.

Unless they're critical, I think most pets do better at home.

Although that looks really nasty, I'm sure she feels much better with it draining.

:bighug

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest IHeartDogs

Oh my goodness... You guys have been through TOO much!

Poor Miss Shelby. The drainage pics look so much better regarding swelling.

Sending tons of healing thoughts and prayers. Shelby is a tough cookie and you two are the best.

:grouphug

eating, pooping and a short run...I would think these are signs that she is happy to be home, in a familiar place. Gentle scritches to her while she heals, and hugs to all of you while you wait for the biopsy results...sending prayers that this is all positive from here on...

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

Guest larock

Poor wee girl. I'm glad she's home now getting some tender loving care.

Thinking of you all and sending good thoughts for Shelby's speedy recovery.

Oh Kyle, that really made my heart lurch. Shelby will do much better now that she is home. Give her a gentle hug for me. I only met her for about an hour before she came home to you, but she made such an impression on me. She's in my prayers for a quick and less eventful healing.

Derek is right, please no more H & M posts.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest bethac

Adding my healing thoughts for Shelby. At least she is at home now, so that is good. Praying that every day will be a little better for all of you. :hope

How awful that the both of you and Shelby are having to go through this. grouphug.gif Please don't second guess yourself, though. With something growing that quickly, I would have done the same thing that you did. There are always risks when doing surgery and you hope everything comes out fine, but even though it didn't, you're staying on top of her care right now and that's what matters.

Sending healing thoughts Shelby's way.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Oh my God your poor baby girl!!!!! Holy CRAP.

sending MANY MANY MANY healing hugs and prayers to her!!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so glad she's home. She will heal up much faster and happier there.

Wow, you all sure have been through the wringer lately. I'm pulling for quick healing and a good lab report!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Guest azlorenz

OMG Poor Shelby!!!!!! However, it sounds like she is much better even though it looks horrible!! Good grief you guys have been through a lot this month. Sending good wishes for Shelby's continued improvement and a break for you and Lynn.

Wow. The universe just doesn't understand "fair" or "enough's enough, already!" :(

That's hopeful news, that she's home and even taking a little run around. :) Her poor face looks gruesome now, but it will heal, and all will be well. That's what I'm chanting, anyway! :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.