Shelby Has Been At The Vets For Over A Day Now

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle....sending you all sorts of good thoughts.....wishing Shelby all the best.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Just seeing this now, Kyle! Oh boy...I hope everything is cleared for her today. Second guessing ourselves after the fact is too tempting. You did the right thing by being cautious and proactive, regardless of the twist in the outcome. Hoping she is feeling much better now.

Edited to add....you aren't allowed posting in H&M anymore...sending positive vibes for more EEG or C&F postings from you guys!

Edited by Trihounds

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

I am just seeing this now and am keeping Shelby and all of you in my prayers...sending you all positive and healing thoughts!

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

Oh, Kyle! Please don't play that guessing game! Focus on Shelby - she needs your positive energy. She just wants you to make her feel that everything is going to be fine. It is........................

Hugs for you and Lynn, healing prayers for Shelby.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Worrying about you and Shelby and hoping for an update soon. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:grouphug Sending good thoughts to you and Shelby.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sending best wishes for Shelby. I understand the second-guessing, I think we've all been there for one thing or another, but you know you did the right thing.

I hope she is home soon!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Shelby is home. We decided to bring her home even though the vet working yesterday would have liked to keep her another day just in case but we thought she would do better at home. When we picked her up, we were shocked to see what she looked like. Not what we expected at all so please brace yourself for some photos.

This was on Thursday night at home a couple hours after bringing her home. There was hardly any swelling when we left the vet that day. It got worse the next morning so we brought her back to the vet.

DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0438.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

GRAPHIC PICS WARNING!!!

GRAPHIC PICS WARNING!!!

GRAPHIC PICS WARNING!!!

GRAPHIC PICS WARNING!!!

And when we picked her up yesterday afternoon

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

DSC_0441.jpg

She is home and resting now. The drain is doing what it is supposed to do so after Lynn cleaned her face some of the dry blood, overnight it bled again and so there is a bunch more. It turns out there was a vein that was bleeding and they did have to go back in and tie it off three times. This surgery should not have gone this wrong but unfortunately all surgeries have risks and complications can happen. She is eating, sleeping and going outside with even a short run this morning so she is feeling okay. Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Poor baby girl. And poor you and Lynn. Shelby may look a bit worse before she looks better, but I bet she'll only be feeling better from now on. Being home has got to be a relief for her...and you.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Oh my gosh! Poor girl! I hope she can start healing now and heals quickly.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Oh Shelby. I'm glad she's home, poor muffin. What meds is she on?

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

She is eating, sleeping and going outside with even a short run this morning so she is feeling okay.

She must be feeling ok!! Good girl, Shelby. :grouphug for you and your peeps.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Glad to hear that she is feeling better!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow