Good Thoughts Needed Please

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) :) :)

:goodluck re the radiologist's report

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Lynn, he is doing okay. Not back to his normal self and we have not heard back yet from the radiologist but that is likely due to our vet leaving at 1pm yesterday. We know that something is going on but just not sure what it is and that is disconcerting as cancer can manifest so many different symptoms. That is the worse case scenario of course but like our vet said yesterday, "due to all Charlie has been through, unknown ailments are more worrisome". We also found a small lump on his side Monday evening that wasn't there before so that added to our stress yesterday. The vet does not think he can do an FNA as it moves and is small so now we are considering having it removed and a biopsy performed. So we sit and wait on the second opinion on the lungs as there is something there but what is the question and we also figure out a time to have the lump removed.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest larock

Thanks Kyle, we will continue to send good thoughts. The bump could just be a fatty deposit (lets just pray that it is).

Give that boy a big hug from me (and one for DW too).

So the radiologist confirmed that Charlie has low grade pneumonia. No idea how he got that the poor boy. So that is what is likely running him down. We are scheduled for Saturday afternoon to remove the small lump on his side for biopsy purposes. So hopefully that will be a minor quick operation as I will be there with him as our vet really likes me to there with him like I do on all his x-rays. Being a wimp, I'll just have to not look at the blood...

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

So the radiologist confirmed that Charlie has low grade pneumonia. No idea how he got that the poor boy. So that is what is likely running him down. We are scheduled for Saturday afternoon to remove the small lump on his side for biopsy purposes. So hopefully that will be a minor quick operation as I will be there with him as our vet really likes me to there with him like I do on all his x-rays. Being a wimp, I'll just have to not look at the blood...

I assume it's being excised using a local block??

You can do it, Kyle! Looking away works but when you have confidence in your vet (which I know you do), it is sometimes interesting to "watch" so you know what and how was done. I don't think many vets typically do this, of course!

Keeping positive thoughts about the lump coming your way and I'm glad you at least have a diagnosis on the cough. Hang in there....

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

I assume it's being excised using a local block??

Sorry, not sure what that means but I can sure guess! Local anaesthetic yes and will also give him something to be very drowsy but not out of it.

You can do it, Kyle! Looking away works but when you have confidence in your vet (which I know you do), it is sometimes interesting to "watch" so you know what and how was done. I don't think many vets typically do this, of course!

Keeping positive thoughts about the lump coming your way and I'm glad you at least have a diagnosis on the cough. Hang in there....

Ah Derek no. Blood is my arch nemesis and I pass out very easily. I have jumped out of planes, off cliffs and bridges, etc. but blood, that needs to stay inside the body. Ever since I was 6 or 7 and watched my brother playing outdoor hockey and a guy skated over another players face....let's just say the ice turned very red and I turned very green. :puke

We'll be thinking of Charlie on Saturday!

:goodluck

Our PointerX had a small fatty lump on her side for years. Never bothered her at all.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Whew!!!! Now we just get through Sat.

Skeeter had a little lump on his side this past winter. I freaked. When the vet did FNA, it spewed.

Just a little cyst. She said it would probably fill up again, but hasn't so far. Hoping it's something

really simple & easy!

All our love to Charlie!

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Local anaesthetic yes and will also give him something to be very drowsy but not out of it.
Could the vet give YOU something to be drowsy but not out of it?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Could the vet give YOU something to be drowsy but not out of it?

:lol: That may not be a bad idea! Last time I did a simple blood test, I warned the male nurse that I don't do so well usually and he ignored me. Well I ended up almost blacking out. Stupid and pathetic. I know for my Charlie boy I should be good as I will do whatever is necessary. Yesterday Charlie actually pulled off one of his crazy runs as I went down to check on him at the end of the backyard. He saw me, waited till I got close, smiled and took off like a bullet just as he always has as it's a game to him. He ended on the deck and what does he do? He lets out two big coughs! So it looks like he is feeling a bit better and now we just need to clear up the pneumonia and get that stupid lump off him. Hopefully it's a cyst.

Guest larock

Glad to hear that Charlie is feeling better today.

Pneumonia, wow. At least you know what you're dealing with; hopefully that silly lump will be nothing but a cyst or something like that.

Kyle, my DH drops like a bag of rocks at the sight of blood too - so you're not alone!

Hope you all have a restful stressfree day.

Keeping you guys in my thoughts, Here's hoping the lump is nothing serious, and you don't hurt yourself if you faint. :)

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Sending you prayers for Charlie, he is a fighter!!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Well sorry the silly boy has pneumonia but great news that it is definitely not what you feared. I hope the bump removal is a painless process for both of you. :lol

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."