Sorry Family. It's My Dog

Guest DragonflyDM

Dragonfly, good luck with your situation. If you are close to Pittsburgh, WPA Humane Society offers an exclusive "greyhound only" training class taught by Lilian Akin. She's wonderful with greyhounds (because she's also a greyhound owner). It's a positive reinforcement based training that works well since greyhounds are usually a little sensitive. She helped me turn Henry (once a fearful, shy, and problematic grey) into a bonafide therapy dog. I've been through several of her classes, and kids are always welcome. And it's a TON of fun!

Guest DragonflyDM

Dragonfly, good luck with your situation. If you are close to Pittsburgh, WPA Humane Society offers an exclusive "greyhound only" training class taught by Lilian Akin. She's wonderful with greyhounds (because she's also a greyhound owner). It's a positive reinforcement based training that works well since greyhounds are usually a little sensitive. She helped me turn Henry (once a fearful, shy, and problematic grey) into a bonafide therapy dog. I've been through several of her classes, and kids are always welcome. And it's a TON of fun!

Thanks for the information. I have left five messages for Lilian and she never returned my calls. I was really hopping to work with her.

Guest DragonflyDM

Oh my gosh- that is so weird. She's always very prompt in getting back to me. The next class starts 4/21/12 and you can register at http://wpahumane.com/basicedu.html.

Whereabouts in Pittsburgh are you located? We're from Greensburg.

I live in Butler, but I am trying to sell the house this spring and move closer to the city.