Please Help, Grey Ate Stick Of Butter

Glad I found this thread. Petey just helped himself to a stick of butter and an egg. Threw most of it up so fingers crossed he'll be fine.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Within the first minute of entering our house, Lucas grabbed a stick of butter from the counter and gobbled it down. We were complete newbies and we were so stunned at his speed and determination that couldn't help laughing. We were too new to greyhounds to even be worried that it might be harmful. Fortunately there were no ill effects.

And, bless him, he hasn't taken a thing, not one thing, from the counter since, not thawing meat, stinky cheese, Thanksgiving turkey and too many other temptations to list here.   I have had a long love affair with butter, so that day he definitely demonstrated he was *my* boy. :wub:  I think it was his way of telling us he was glad to be home.

Petey is fine, he'd like to say the sheep did it (found egg shell on his stuffed sheep).

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.