Strange But Wonderful Day...

Guest FullMetalFrank

Guest FullMetalFrank

I have been logging a lot of hours in the studio; when I am working, my mind can wander and sometimes I reminisce about life so far, and those I have lost. One day I was making a sample stretch vest, and Iberia was on my mind; sometimes I can get very sad but this time it seemed he wanted me to do something that was important. Make something, for myself. I have made pendants and charms with eat tattoos of beloved hounds who have crossed over; but had not done one for him, yet.

I looked up his numbers, wrote them down and into the studio and sat down at my table, and started creating a pendant/charm. The copper oval disk got his numbers and a tree. huh? I don't usually do freehand embellishments when I make tattoo charms, etc... I created a faint group of branches reaching up through his numbers and used a number eight stamp held at various angles to create a canopy of leaves. The tree is subtle; but it is for me. I did not seem to concieve the idea myself; it was what he wanted. Then I placed the date he left me, 6-10-2003, on the brass heart I'd made.

I arranged the beads I'd chosen and put the elements together ending up with a long, bold design I could wear on a chain or clip on my purse, phone, etc... I think it took me 2 hours start to finish. I like making jewelry; it's something I do for me; but I am still learning and not very efficient usually but this came right together, almost like a customer's request all spelled out what goes where. I attached it to a favorite silver chain and put it on, picked up tools, took a lunch break and went back to work this time doing the things I had on my list for the day; peaceful. I don't know if the pendant is a sign from my boy to forgive myself once and for all, or just my mind wandering and thinking up what I'd like as a remembrance of him. But I do know how it felt at the time. And how it feels when I look down at it. The heart covers much of the tree; it's not seen. Doesn't matter; that was for me, the Tree of Life to remind me that life carries on after loss; I should remember my life with him but not to dwell in the sadness and guilt that has lingered all these years. The tree continues to grow; so should I. The heart holds the day he died; it will keep those memories for me and let my heart be free to let go, and move forward. I can carry my boy's message to me always as a tangible reminder of the day he came to see me while I worked. :):wub:

If anyone's managed to stick thru my rambling post so far, Itook some pics. It is a tiny bit crude, once Gene coaches me on the oxyacetylene set-up I got myself for Valentine's Day I will begin to practice soldering jump rings, then move into putting together charms and jewelry with silver instead of the plated findings and then my first "project" will be to re-do Iberia's gift as a permanent and lasting piece.

item.JPG?rot=1

Edited by FullMetalFrank

That is a beautiful tribute to Iberia, something you can always have with you. I can't believe he left so long ago. I remember it like it was yesterday :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

That is beautiful, and a perfect remembrance for him.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

It's stunning!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Lovely tribute!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guided by the memories of love. Truly beautiful.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

You definitely had some loving inspiration! The piece is stunning, and such a lovely reminder of your precious guy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Wow .. that's a beautiful story, and a beautiful piece of jewellery. It's a funny thing, but I haven't made any for the dogs that I've lost either, though I do have a tattoo necklace from Alicia Navarro - that's my memory for mine.

I like the tree, and the thoughts in your head about the tree. It's a very special item you've created there, and Iberia will always be with you, perhaps now in a more peaceful way. I, too, remember the way he left, as if it were last week. Such a horrible tragedy, but there's no point blaming yourself. As we all say to newbies, time after time, and as I read again only this morning on Facebook; they are dogs, they have teeth. Almost certainly Frankie didn't mean things to turn out like that, but that's the life happens sometimes. :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

It's beautiful!

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Robbie, it has been and will be such an emotional issue for you, but it is time to forgive yourself. I remember all too well the devistation of your situation and look how far you have come. Sounds like this is Iberia's way of making that happen and now everytime you look down or see yourself in the mirror wearing the necklace you can smile.

Hugs to you, it's a beautiful piece, you should be proud of yourself and your sweet pup helping heal you heart.

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I wasn't here way back when -- well I was on GT but I rarely visited, mostly because everyone using their screen names confused me (to this day I only remember a few people by their screen names-- drives me nuts! ) But that-- that really truly spoke to my heart. For a whole lot of reasons -- thank you so much for sharing it -- deeply moved me....