Hi Everyone!

Guest zz00

Hi! I just wanted to come by and say hello. I am brand new to the grey world, and I can not believe how fantastic they are. We went to the adoption group to get one little boy (actually he is quite large) Nelson, and came home with Nelson and this sweet little girl named Crow, which is now named Violet. Nelson and Violet have been with us for a week now and It feel like they have been with us forever, they just fit in so well with the family! I will post pictures soon! :colgate

-Zoey

Welcome from Columbus! Your hounds are beautiful. I love their names, too.

Thanks! I'm from Chillicothe, so we are not that far away!

Gorgeous hounds! Welcome from the cornfields of illinois.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Welcome from Waterloo! Your pups are adorable!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome from just a bit northwest of Columbus!!! Gorgeous hounds.

I work at a vet clinic in c-bus; we have several clients from Chillicothe, and one of our vets grew up there.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Guest OurIndy

I love the names you chose for them! I'll admit it, I am partial to brindles, but Violet is such a beauty! Nelson has the sweetest face as well :blush

Guest BlackandTan

Do you know if Crow was a nickname or registered name? One of my boys Kiowa Cat Cain had a Kiowa Cat Crow in the same litter?

Anyways welcome!

Guest thecoyotesgrin

Welcome from ... well, the Tristate area as a whole - but mostly Wilmington, DE!

I'm loving those 'aint i innocent' looks!

Do you know if Crow was a nickname or registered name? One of my boys Kiowa Cat Cain had a Kiowa Cat Crow in the same litter?

Anyways welcome!

Her registered name was theycrowaboutme.. the people at the adoption agency called her Crow.

Welcome from Sydney AUS. More details are needed about your lovely pair! What made you take both of them at once (other than the fact that they are just adorable!)

Well to be honest we only planned on getting Nelson, we had such a hard time finding an adoption agency that served our area. We finally found the nice people at Greyhound Adoption of Ohio, they were four hours away. We drove up once for the interview and we picked out Nelson, we scheduled to go up a week later to pick him up. My parents had already said that we were probably going to get another one (I'm 18 by the way, Nelson and Violet were my early graduation presents!) and when we went up to pick up Nelson, we saw little Violet in the crate behind him, just wagging her tail at us with her sweetest little eyes! So we had to take her too, and plus it would save us a trip! So thats how we got two! They have been nothing but wonderful. Violet is a typical girl. haha She was very shy initially but she is warming up to everyone and she is so friendly and polite. Nelson is my wild child. when we brought him home he acted like he had known us all his life. After we gave him the initial tour he just made himself right at home. He stole the blanket out of Violet's crate and added them to his collection he had started on his bed in our living room. I didn't realize how big he was until he started bouncing around in our house. He looks like a horse! Mom calls him Tigger because he hops around everywhere. He is very energetic. They both love attention, which we are very happy to give. :) They seemed to have settled quite well. I have a video of them, I will put it up soon!

Thank you for the warm welcome!