Dave Chews On Anything & Everything Plastic

Dave - our new boy - loves to chew on ANYTHING plastic. Most frequently it's Sarah's toys that take the brunt of the chewing. If he was chewing on anything else I would use bitter apple on it, but since Sarah puts the toys in her mouth & rubs her eyes etc I don't think that's exactly safe.

Aside from cleaning up ALL THE TIME - do you guys have any suggestions on keeping him from chewing the plastic toys & non toys (today I caught him with the Roku remote...)?

My kids and I had to learn the hard way. The only way to keep things safe is to put them away. :( Unfortunately for us we lost several stuffed toys and a few of my favorite heels and tennis shoes were succombed before I finally learned.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest BlackandTan

Gary was a chewer at first.... I introduced him to bully sticks and he has never chewed on anything since!

Good Luck

My kids and I had to learn the hard way. The only way to keep things safe is to put them away. :( Unfortunately for us we lost several stuffed toys and a few of my favorite heels and tennis shoes were succombed before I finally learned.

:nod You have to train yourselves to put shoes off the floor (lost several to that), toys on a shelf or toy box and remotes in a drawer. Except for an occasional shoe before I trained myself Barkley and Poodle are mostly interested in paper which is a pain to pick up but yesterdays newspaper is no big loss.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I'll try the nylabone dino... might just work!

He loves 'treats' - we've been giving them less as a chew thing and more as a snack. Beef Tracheas & ligaments are the big ones here - might have to get some bully sticks (we've had them before so I know at least Beans loves them).

Maybe it is just a matter of training US rather than DAVE...

Our hounds' favorites are hard "Durachew" made by Nylabone. "Souper" size is one of the safer sizes for Greyhounds. Chicken or bacon flavor. After much research and years of strong chewer testing, the top 2 Durachews in this link have been quite safe for Greyhounds (without any narrow parts potentially causing a choke hazard).

http://entirelypets.ecomm-search.com/search?query=durachew+souper&x=29&y=14