Costco Canned Lamb And Rice

I was just emailed by my greyhound group regarding this food.

"The FDA reports have been filed. No response from them yet. They will not recall until confirmed. American Nutrition is testing their samples, and we will test ours independently. Sorry to say, but the story is true. And since we put it out there...5 more deaths have come forward. and lots of sick dogs. We just want to warn others so there will be no more deaths. If you have any cans with 2013 exp. please hold on to them. If you have had any issues, please report to the FDA website under pet food. All Costco Lamb and Rice cans with 2013 expiration.

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

I checked the emails again and it doesn't say what they suspect is the issue with the food, only that it's THIS canned food. I can forward you the emails if you'd like? just let me know

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

From what I can see - and I went searching for more info Monday night when a friend sent this to me - all the warnings we are receiving from various groups and friends are being generated by one single post about one single incident at a kennel back in Dec that involved donated food. There is nothing else out there at all that is current about this food.

I'm sorry - while I try to be cautious about my dogs, I just can't help questioning whether this is a situation of large-scale food contamination, or an isolated instance of a case of food that wasn't handled properly, either before it was donated to the kennel or after the kennel had it.

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

The suspected Kirkland Lamb and Rice canned food problems were located in Orange County, (southern) California. This canned food would have been distributed from Washington State. As the original author wrote this week (copied and quoted in Jenbo's original post), FDA is investigating.

(I don't feed this food anyway, but my closest Costco doesn't happen to carry this specific canned food. I didn't call Costco in Washington to learn this canned food's destination cities.)

No FDA public recalls have been made to date. (I've been on FDA's daily recall alert list for years. If I see this canned dog food officially recalled, I'll post about it.)