Newbie From Indiana!

Hello Everyone- Well I guess I should have started here first but I sorta made a few posts first. I'm a noob, just joined. I don't own a grey yet but my husband and I are in the very beginning of stages of the search. I'm reading a book on retire racing greys and we are just taking it real slow. I litte back history on us: We have been married for 4 years, he was in the the Navy for 6 years prior to us knowing each other. I was the Army (active duty) for 6 years and I am in currently in the Indiana National Guard, for a total of 14 years military service. We have no children, but 2 cats that keep us cracking up all the time. One of our cats will play fetch with a mouse or if we are sleeping and he is bored, we will normally wake up with a cat toy or 2, or 3 in the bed with us. So far greytalk has taught me a lot, please don't laught but I have had to look up the terms: rooing, roaching, and roman nose! But I love looking at everyones photos that they have posted and can't wait until I can post some of my own.

Guest Meggylou

I'm new too so welcome!

Your cats sound hilarious! My cat is the exact same in that he plays fetch and brings toys to bed.

I don't have a greyhound yet either, we're housing hunting atm and once we purchase and move then I'll adopt. This is a recent development as I was supposed to be getting myself one for my birthday in April. Oh well, good things come to those who wait! Hope you're enjoying it here, as a newbie I'm finding it very education. The people seem great too :)

Guest AmberGusDad

So far greytalk has taught me a lot, please don't laught but I have had to look up the terms: rooing, roaching, and roman nose!

We won't laugh. Those terms will surely become more understandable.

Most important~ thank you both for your service to our country!

Once I looked up the term roaching, I was like, "Oh so that's what Wiggy our oldest cat is doing". Our other cat Obie, he is about 1.5 to 2 years old and just plan retarded. He will follow us through out the house, if you open a door he is in it. I actually lost him 2 days ago and couldn't find him anywhere for about 30 minutes. Walked into the kitchen and the other cat was just sitting in front of the pantry door staring as if something was wrong. Opened the door and out came Obie! Poor thing was in the pantry for about 30 mintues.

Once I looked up the term roaching, I was like, "Oh so that's what Wiggy our oldest cat is doing". Our other cat Obie, he is about 1.5 to 2 years old and just plan retarded. He will follow us through out the house, if you open a door he is in it. I actually lost him 2 days ago and couldn't find him anywhere for about 30 minutes. Walked into the kitchen and the other cat was just sitting in front of the pantry door staring as if something was wrong. Opened the door and out came Obie! Poor thing was in the pantry for about 30 mintues.

Wiggy.jpg

Lovely Kitty-Roach!

Welcome...and good luck in your search for your grey.....your life will never be the same (in a good way!!!).

Thanks for your service....

Robin

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.