Mesothelioma Diagnosed In My Greyhound...

Guest Babs

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang in there.....sending prayers to your boy. I lost my boy Jam 6 years ago to some form of cancer. They kept having to drain fluid from his heart and chest area, although they never saw any lesions, the fluid had cancer cells present. It's so scary....make every day special.

Did the doctors give you any idea of what kind of cancer it was? This mesothelioma is a tricky thing...the nodules hide behind organs, and are hard to identify. The xrays showed two small ones on Mac, and a larger one. But I think now that large one was from the water build-up. He's doing good...as I mentioned in one of my posts. The meds are keeping the swelling down and we are very greytful for that!

I am sorry you lost your beauty...it's rough and I hate when that day will come. But for now...we have him and love him! Thanks, again for your note, please keep in touch with me!

Barbara Ranegar

Pittsburgh, PA

I'm so glad to hear Mac is doing good...you must be very greytful for each day.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest trevdog

Hang in there.....sending prayers to your boy. I lost my boy Jam 6 years ago to some form of cancer. They kept having to drain fluid from his heart and chest area, although they never saw any lesions, the fluid had cancer cells present. It's so scary....make every day special.

Did the doctors give you any idea of what kind of cancer it was? This mesothelioma is a tricky thing...the nodules hide behind organs, and are hard to identify. The xrays showed two small ones on Mac, and a larger one. But I think now that large one was from the water build-up. He's doing good...as I mentioned in one of my posts. The meds are keeping the swelling down and we are very greytful for that!

I am sorry you lost your beauty...it's rough and I hate when that day will come. But for now...we have him and love him! Thanks, again for your note, please keep in touch with me!

Barbara Ranegar

Pittsburgh, PA

No, no idea. They didn't see anything on the xrays or ultrasound we had done. Just the fluid they tested had cancer cells in it. At the time they did not specify what kind it was and we had already spent close to $5k trying to find out why he was losing weight and not eating so I really was not able to press it any further. Even Dr C got involved in evaluating the tests. Unfortunately we were not able to keep him comfortable for long and having fluid drained every few days after we found out what was going on was not a good option either.

Hope your boy is still doing well.

Enjoy every day! :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown