Dino

Guest RyanR

Oh Ryan...

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your Dino.

Having 'been there, done that' too many times, I understand, like so many others here, the pain you're going through.

Only we know what a small price we pay for the love we have received from our pets.

The sadness and loss, no matter how powerful it may be, is an insufficient measure of the joy we have been given.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RyanR

A little story that I haven't shared with too many people is back in 2003 I was going full-throttle on my book project. In April I flew to Tampa and did the Florida chapter. The following August I flew to Providence and did the Rhode Island chapter. A friend in the Seattle area (Greytalk Jananice from old times) watched Dino and Abby while I was gone. I flew back to Seattle from Providence and spent that one night at Janice's house and then drove back home near Spokane first thing the following morning. I was home for two days before loading up the pups and heading back to the Midwest again. I drove 5,500 miles in ten days visiting farms, tracks, and adoption groups in Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, and Iowa. Just like my first trip in 2002, this trip also officially ended in the Woodlands racetrack parking lot at 5pm on September 10. I drove the pups home only stopping for gas and food - that leg took 32 hours of straight driving.

It was only a couple of days after getting home when I loaded Dino and Abby into the car again and drove them to northern Idaho just to goof off. We stopped at a secluded place along the little St. Maries River in a stunning mountain canyon located a few miles south of the town of St. Maries. It was a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky with forested hills on both sides of the canyon reaching high in the air. I leashed up the pups and walked them a hundred feet or so to the river bank. We just stood there watching the slow flowing water roll past taking in the moment. After all the hundreds of different Greyhounds we had met, all those strange places, all the people along the way, here we were enjoying a perfect day, just us. I didn't take a single picture. I probably didn't even bring my camera but I will forever remember that single moment as the most special and the happiest of the entire project because it was just us. In the end, that's so valuable - our private special moments with nobody else around.

My loss has stained my soul but moments like this do offer some comfort. If I ever meet Dino and Abby again in this world or the next, that's the kind of day and the kind of place where I'd like it to be.

My loss has stained my soul but moments like this do offer some comfort. If I ever meet Dino and Abby again in this world or the next, that's the kind of day and the kind of place where I'd like it to be.

I truly believe that you shall.

My sincerest condolences.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Guest alannamac

So very sorry for your loss. Hope you are able to look through the pictures soon and

treasure every moment. They are with us for such a short time, and fill such a void

we didn't even know was there.

:f_pink

My heart is breaking for you. But you are blessed with memories as real and rare as that perfect day in Idaho, and many more. I feel that with a love so strong, Dino will be watching over you, and you will feel his presence in many ways. I hope that in time, those memories, and that love, will bring smiles to replace the pain.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest IrskasMom

The Tears are flowing again :weep . Ryan I am so sorry you lost Dino. The Pain you experience is so true and most of us have experienced it. Please take Comfort in that and that you gave him the best Life ever. :f_red:grouphug:f_red

I'm so sorry for your loss. There are never enough words.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Now that it's all over, if I didn't have Bailey to take care of I think I'd want to go with him just so we could still be together no matter what existence that may be.

Ryan....I have been in that place...that my only motivation to keep going was the other lives for whom I had taken responsibility. But your Dino would want you to stay here...and keep sharing the stories of the hounds...and continue to bring hounds into your life.....The work you do - and the stories you have told are wonderful and serve the breed and those of us who love the breed......and perhaps that is the best and most lasting tribute that you can give to your Dino......

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that your wonderful memories of Dino can help you get through this very difficult time.

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11