Super Playful And Farty After Vacation (My Hound, Not Me)!

Guest greymaroon

Guest greymaroon

After 2.5 wks with a (live-in) pet sitter, I've come back to a super playful -- and super smelly -- greyhound! tongue.gif

Our greyt is 2 years old, and we received her in mid-September. She's never been very playful, though she's always been pretty cuddly, and she does a happy jump-snap when it's time for her to lay down on her spot and wait for a meal to be served. Admittedly, she's been through a mini-trauma at the beginning of January, when her (human) daddy started his new job out of country. She listens (and recognizes!) his voice on Skype every evening, so, things proceeded as normal. After 18 days away, I returned to a very, very farty and very, very, VERY playful dog! She's eating well, and not getting up at night, she's just uber-energetic! I know that, while I was away, our pet-sitter introduced her to a few people, and she probably had more attention than usual. She was under strict instructions re: treats, though, and I don't think she ate anything out of the ordinary (aside from catching her first mouse!!!). Evidently, she was just farting all the time while I was gone, and that's actually subsided quite a bit since I returned. Aside from that, she's been quite a bit more frisky on the leash, but is "re-learning" her other good behaviors rather quickly (she knows she can't pull a whole lot over on mama).

I'm glad my little girl seems to have gotten some puppy energy, but I'm just wondering about others' experiences. Could it be she's getting re-used to me again? And for goodness sake, why the farting?! blush.gif

Guest ShanYu

Nike is farty when he is nervous or anxious - or in a new situation no matter what he has eaten. I expect your girl will settle down now that you are home. She is probably delighted to have you back!

This is one of the best post titles I've ever seen on this board.

yep!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Guest HyperJ83

Haha love the title! I would agree with Jayne and say that she was nervous that you were away and now that you're back she's excited!