Hi Everyone!

Guest Matty

Hey one and all! My girlfriend and I will be taking in our first greyhound on saturday, and we're extremely excited (well, i am, she's more lukewarm because she's a self proclaimed "cat" person). I grew up having dogs through my entire childhood - usually labradors, with the occasional Irish wolf hound, beagle, chihuahua, and Burmese mountain dog.

I just wanted to say hello, and that I'm glad there's a community out here for people who are rescuing these dogs - searching "greyhound forum" on google turns up a ton of betting and gambling sites, but very little about rescues. So, nice to meet you all!

Greyhounds are the perfect dogs for cat people, because they're a lot like cats in many ways!

I'm pretty sure after their first run together she will be won over to the dog side :)

Greyhounds are the perfect dogs for cat people, because they're a lot like cats in many ways!

Good thing no one ever told ME this when I was thinking about getting a greyhound! :) Not that I hate cats but I'm certainly not interested in having one (at least not in place of a dog). I certainly wouldn't call any of the greys I've had "cat-like" but I suppose they are more independent than a lot of other breeds.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Welcome from the Philly suburbs! :) What group is your houndie from?

Hey! We actually are adopting from First State Greyhound Rescue... they have a big following in the Lehigh Valley :)

Welcome from the Philly suburbs! :) What group is your houndie from?

Hey! We actually are adopting from First State Greyhound Rescue... they have a big following in the Lehigh Valley :)

First State!! They are a greyt group! We have adopted from them twice. Congratulations!!! And I agree that your girlfriend will become a puddle of goo in no time! :blush these creatures are extraordinary!

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Here are some of Nemo's pictures!

Our cat investigates a sleeping Nemo. Amazingly, there have been no issues - the foster told us that he had no interest in her chickens, or their housecats who frequently chased eachother around. So far this has been true. The only issue was a brief growl when the cat started bothering him while he was trying to sleep. We're going to keep an eye on him to be sure.

Amg0anZCQAAhoYQ.jpg

Nemo's new mom posing with him for a photo :)

Amg2R4ICAAEnytn.jpg

Nemo misses my girlfriend after she leaves (he stood there for about 5 minutes whimpering)

Amg4LykCAAARaRr.jpg

I've been amazed how little trouble he's been. He paws the door when he has to go potty (I honestly expected an accident or two the first day). He has ignored the cat thus far. The only issues we've had are an inability to deal with shiny surfaces - vinyl, linoleum, hard wood. He's afraid of them, so that will be one of the first things we work with him on. I'm not comfortable with him on the stairs until we install a carpet runner... they're slick, and he's a BIG boy (about 90lbs).

Welcome to you and handsome Nemo!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross