Recommendations For Dog Assist Walking Harness/lift System Needed

Guest FreddyGirl

Carol Becker's harness noted above was wonderful for Nutmeg's last months with a weak rear end, but her GodsGreyts Etsy store website says it's closed for the holidays. :(

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I ordered the Help'em Up harness. It's being overnighted, I'll get it tomorrow. I thought it would be week padded and soft for her to wear and helpful to me in terms of helping her move around and if she needs hydrotherapy, it's neoprene!

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest Allyson

Hi. We ordered a medium HelpemUp harness 2 weeks ago. Had it specially fitted for our 70 pound male greyhound. While the natural thought is that most Greys would wear a large, the extra size is in the girth of the strapping, and most Greys are too thin and don't need it. Our Gilby's neurologist fitted it. Sadly, we put Gilby to sleep on Saturday, and he only wore the harness once. We are selling it for $75.00 and it was $100. If anyone is interested, let me know at allysonzoellner@gmail.com. I have a hard time looking at it now.....

It's the Help Em Up harness, http://helpemup.com/ It has a combo front and rear harness. You can also use it with just the front or the rear harness, it unclips in the middle. They used them at the neurology center my boy was at last year.

I used this for Merlin after his stroke, when he couldn't walk. Used it for many weeks, even after he got better, but his back legs were still very weak. I LOVE it. It was a gift from a special fan of Merlin's, and I will always be so, so grateful for it (and for her generosity). Honestly don't know what I would have done without it. It was recommended by Merlin's neurologist.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Often, people post requests for first aid kit suggestions equipment for new dogs. I wonder if we should start suggesting having a harness, if financially feasible. Many dogs will never need it, but if you need it, it would be nice not to have to research and order one in a hurry. Or is this too much worrying ahead of time?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Often, people post requests for first aid kit suggestions equipment for new dogs. I wonder if we should start suggesting having a harness, if financially feasible. Many dogs will never need it, but if you need it, it would be nice not to have to research and order one in a hurry. Or is this too much worrying ahead of time?

I think you're right. I have an extensive first aid kit, but it lacked an emergency lift harness. The one I have has two handles and they are a godsend.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014