Corns And The Homeopathic Remedy

Here we go again, corns. Poor Jack has corns on three of his feet, and I am at my wit's end. I am so tired of seeing the poor dog limp. :(

I know there is a person in (I think) Ireland who has a homeopathic remedy--consists of a series of pills, and some oil.

Before I spend the money, I would like to know who has used it, and if it's been successful.

We did use the Murray Avenue Apothecary formula, and it did nothing for Jack--so I am not anxious to throw good money after bad, if you KWIM.

Anyone??

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

I don't know if it was truly a corn, but my vet thought it was. I used thuja pellets 30cc, 2 pellets every other day and bee propolis w/herbs from Twin Lab. I rubbed the bee propolis into the corn twice a day. Within a couple of weeks, whatever it was, was gone. You can find both items at the health food store or at Whole Paychecks (Foods) for under $25 total.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I have way too much experience with corns and regardless of what you do, they tend to come back.

I live in Ottawa, Canada and what I use now (from my vet) is something called "Wart Aid". It is dabbed on the corns and farmers use it for their cows and horses. It is made with 10% Thuja Oil. It may only be available in Canada. I, also, believe corns are seasonal (my vet agreed, it could be). Last year, in the spring the corns disappeared and reappeared in November with a vengeance. They are now starting to show signs of receding, in fact a couple on the rear paws are gone. I also use "Therapaws" for outside walking.

My foster boy has 3 on one front foot and one on the other front and he is so good with me handling his feet. He knows that there are special treats at the end.

My holistic vet mixes up a Thuja remedy (alcohol base) and it did help Goldie's corns. It also makes all kinds of lumps and bumps go away if you faithfully put it on once or twice a day for a while-maybe 2 -3 weeks. It is amazing. "Things" that used to have to be removed by teh vet just dry up and go away and heal on their own with this amazing stuff. Honest. I live in US so it is available here.

I did a thread recently about plantar warts. Warts/corns - both of them hurt our babies. So far nothing has worked for us - hulling, dremel, surgical removed but they are coming back. Just wish we could find something that would work as I hate to see my half pint limping around the house and not walks for her. Just want you to know I feel the pain at your home cuz we got it at our home.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

When I was a teenager I had problems with plantar warts, our family doctor told us about an over the counter medication that worked wonders called Vergo. It was amazing and worked wonders, I would get them on my feet a they were really hard to get rid of. The Vergo always worked. I don't know if they still make it as I haven't needed it since then.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I don't know if it was truly a corn, but my vet thought it was. I used thuja pellets 30cc, 2 pellets every other day and bee propolis w/herbs from Twin Lab. I rubbed the bee propolis into the corn twice a day. Within a couple of weeks, whatever it was, was gone. You can find both items at the health food store or at Whole Paychecks (Foods) for under $25 total.

Did you put anything over the paw after applying the bee propolis? I have some, but can't get the round bandaids to stick, and I don't want my carpets stained by that stuff.

And you give the thuja pellets orally, I assume?

Thanks....there's a 'health food store' in our little town, I think I'll call and see if they have thuja.

OK, so they have it. In talking with the lady, she suggested chiropractic, in case misalignment is causing the corns.

She also suggested a grain-free diet, since corn, especially can cause inflammation--he is on rx food, and corn is the first ingredient.

She has a LOT of ideas. I am going to get the thuja, try that at least.

She also said I can squeeze one of my fish oil capsules over his food--omega 3's only, NOT 6's.

Any thoughts on all of this??

Edited by rascalsmom

I spent a good 45 minutes talking with this lady--she is a practitioner of homeopathic...medicine, I guess.

Her suggestion is to try the thuja for at least a month, see if it works.

She also said I could give him the fish oil that I take.

Recommended I take him OFF pepcid--I am going to first take him to once a day, instead of twice a day.

Then, if that doesn't work, try chiropractic. Her thinking here is that if the corns have developed because of the way he's placing his feet, an alignment may help to prevent them from coming back, especially if the thuja DOES work.

Diet--she says look at that last, since his food is so high in grain. She suggested grain-free.

She could also see him, she said, and see if she can figure out WHY he is getting the corns. Some of her thoughts are: virus, bacteria, protazoa, and I don't remember the rest. :lol

It seems sort of like 'voo doo'--which she readily admits--but I used to think that about chiropractic, until I saw what it did for Ruby.

Any thoughts, anyone??

Me, too, Robin. It just tears me apart to see Jack limping all the time. :(

The woman suggested I crush the tablet, mix it with water, and give him 10 drops twice daily--she says it works better if it's crushed first.

I hulled all three corns this afternoon, and rubbed some of the water/thuja mixture into the craters, too.

I'm glad I took a few minutes to log on and see if I could find anything about corns. HMMM you can always find anything and everything on greytalk!

Last night I took our female greyhound to the vet for her yearly visit and asked him about what I thought was a corn. He said it was a long time since he has seen one and didn't do

the surgery but would check around to see who did and call me tonight. After googling a few things I found surgery wasn't the answer since they can grown back after surgery and is a painful

recovery.

I do have a holistic vet I take another greyhound to who has IBD, and she does treat him with acupuncture and natural meds. She also does chiropractic alignments, which we never needed to be done.

I'll call to see what she would recommend.

Thanks for all the information

Kathy