Interceptor

I'm confused. I thought things like Frontline and Advantax were for fleas and ticks, and interceptor and heartguard were for worms?

You're correct. But Revolution and Trifexis combine heartworm and flea prevention. Some people like the combination; others don't.

My vet has not had Interceptor in stock for more than a month, so I've gotten Heartguard from him for my guys. I have a stock of Frontline Plus on hand, and I prefer to use that. I want tick protection for my guys since my neighborhood is "bushy" in places. (I split one tube between Silver and Sam, and that's been adequate protection. Knock wood.)

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

My brother works for Norvartis (on the human side) I kinda knew that they were have issues with a plant but did not realize that it was affecting Intercepter and Sentinel. I asked him once if he could get me a discount on the sentinel and he can't. The human things yes, not animal thing, darn it. But I do have a huge bottle of Exedrin Migraine (which I myself do need sometimes) LOL

I just got off the phone with him and ahe advised that it is not only animal stuff that they are having problems with but also human items as well too, which one he could not tell me but the problem has been going on since January.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I just got off the phone with him and ahe advised that it is not only animal stuff that they are having problems with but also human items as well too, which one he could not tell me but the problem has been going on since January.

Actually, the problem has been with the human products from the start. There have been no problems with the vet products, but they are made at the same plant as the human drugs. So when they stopped production at that plant, it also affected the animal products. Here's an article about the human products that were recalled and why.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Actually, the problem has been with the human products from the start. There have been no problems with the vet products, but they are made at the same plant as the human drugs. So when they stopped production at that plant, it also affected the animal products. Here's an article about the human products that were recalled and why.

Thanks Jennifer, he is not big on talking about the problems of work. He has a lot on his plate right now not only with this but with some other stuff as well. I had heard pieces of what was going on from my parents back in late January but did not 2+2 together to realize that it affected the products that our pets used as well. I know he does deal with Exedrin line of products so that affected him. I always thought that the animal side plant was based in Greensboro. Now I know it was not. I am stocked up on Maddie's Sentinel as I boguth a years supply back in November.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I've only used Interceptor occasionally. In the past I used Heartguard Plus, but I recently switched to just Heartguard. Both contain the medication that protects against heartworms, the "plus" is the other worm (parasite) preventative. I don't see the need to give my dogs more chemicals on a monthly basis, I'd rather just treat them for worms if they get them.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."