House Plants

Guest Romeo

I posted this yesterday but I must have done something wrong because it never showed up. My grey has started eating my house plants. I need to know which can harm him and WHY all of a sudden is he doing this? Is he lacking something in his diet? He doesn't try to eat grass outside, just my house plants.

maybe they smell & taste good. what kind of plants are they? some plants are very poisonous. some are just edible.

link to aspca list of plants toxic to dogs-> LINKY

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

maybe they smell & taste good. what kind of plants are they? some plants are very poisonous. some are just edible.

link to aspca list of plants toxic to dogs-> LINKY

Thanks so much for that link. I went to it and find that both plants Romeo ate are poisonous. Kalanchoe and hibiscus! However, the Kalanchoe was 2 days ago and the leaves were visible in his stool so I think that is gone. I have since put it out of his reach, needless to say. As for the hibiscus, he apparently bit off a branch but the leaves that he pulled off were still on the ground so I don't think he liked the taste and left it alone. But back to my question, why is he all of a sudden eating these plants???? Do you think there is something missing in his diet? I feed him Nutro Max with a little shredded cheese.

Guest verthib
1329671826[/url]' post='5171042']

I posted this yesterday but I must have done something wrong because it never showed up. My grey has started eating my house plants. I need to know which can harm him and WHY all of a sudden is he doing this? Is he lacking something in his diet? He doesn't try to eat grass outside, just my house plants.

Angus likes to nibble every now and then. I just moved them to where he can't reach, instead of trying to figure out which ones are not safe. It's easier, and saves my plants. I don't think it's a diet thing.

Edited by verthib