An Embarrassing Problem Of Goldie's

Guest IndyHound

Guest IndyHound

I apologize for the re-posting of this topic but was made aware that i posted it in the wrong forum. So I'm sure if Goldie knew i was sharing this she'd die of embarrassment. So we need to keep it a secret. But when she lays down to sleep (and it doesn't matter where, dog bed, my bed, sofa and even the floor) she leaks urine. Not intentionally but it's still gross none the less. Does anyone else have this issue and what can i do to stop it.

First off I'd take her to the vet. It may just be a UTI. If it's not talk to your vet about options.

I don't know how old Goldie is but sometimes senior girls leak a lot. Girl did very well on Proin, though some dislike it. We started out with 1 pill twice a day and tapered off to 1/2 pill twice a day the 1/2 once a day and she was fine.

My vet said there are 3 kinds of old girls -- those that need Proin every day the rest of their life, those that just need it for a few weeks, and the biggest catagory...ones like Girl that could taper off and do well on a much lower dose. FWIW

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest IndyHound

First off I'd take her to the vet. It may just be a UTI. If it's not talk to your vet about options.

I don't know how old Goldie is but sometimes senior girls leak a lot. Girl did very well on Proin, though some dislike it. We started out with 1 pill twice a day and tapered off to 1/2 pill twice a day the 1/2 once a day and she was fine.

My vet said there are 3 kinds of old girls -- those that need Proin every day the rest of their life, those that just need it for a few weeks, and the biggest catagory...ones like Girl that could taper off and do well on a much lower dose. FWIW

She is 4 about to turn 5 in a few weeks. I asked the foster dad who had her before me and he said she didn't do it before the spay. But we are headed to the vet on friday just to make sure.

I came across this product that may help eliminate odors.. PetPeePee

(I cannot attest to it, I just happened across a booth at a fair over the weekend, and remembered reading this post from you.)

I hope the vet can help her out. Best wishes.

Cheryl - "Mom" to RUNNER (Gunnah, born 6/15/2012) and FARGO (Ridin Shotgun, born 8/21/2015). Missing my Grey-Angels HEISMAN (RX Heisman) (3/29/2005-2/1/2016) and ALEX (Bevenly) (4/15/2005-6/7/2018).

Guest KennelMom

Ditto what Pam said. My girl Haley was able to be weaned off the Proin and her spay incontinence only came back a couple more times in her life (from age 6 to 14)...each time we'd wean her off the Proin and she'd be fine for a couple years.