Osu Consultation

Guest sja5032

Guest sja5032

I sent a set of x-rays and a message to OSU thought the consultation page on Tuesday morning and I still haven't heard anything. I am just wondering how long it took for others to get a response? I am not complaining just curious as to what I can expect for a time frame. I understand they are very busy, it's just the anticipation is killing me!

Also, any ideas on this other than the obvious? Parent's grey is 11 1/2, starting limping a little a few months ago and it gradually got worse. He went to the regular vet who gave him some Metacam, which worked a little. Withing a 2-3 week period it got a lot worse. I insisted my parents take him to Tufts for x-rays (reg vet is too difficult to get x-rays at because of location). They diagnosed arthritis and sent him home with a higher dose a Metacam plus Tramadol. Neither of which is really working anymore. He is also on glucosamine and an omega supplement. Any ideas? I'm getting really nervous, Tufts is obviously a really good place so I want to believe them, but what they gave isn't working. I wanted to get a consult from OSU before he goes anywhere else because he doesn't do well with vet visits and stresses himself sick.

In August, we emailed X-rays to OSU on a Tuesday. We heard back from them the next day.

Thinking all good thoughts for your parents' greyhound. :goodluck

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Nomally I believe it's 24-48hrs however that may depend on how hectic it is there. I know for us prior to the consultation form, it was over the phone and the vet hospital we were at called repeatedly over a day to get ahold of someone for a second opinion. I have heard on the rare occasion of something getting lost in the shuffle so I would try calling them. Jane (Joejoesmom) lives close by and visits OSU regularly so she would know the best. I believe OSU's number is in the Osteo thread in H&M.

Hoping it is just arthritis as I hear Tufts is very good so I would be surprised it would be a misdiagnosis however the diagnosis is only as good as the vet who saw your parents pup, not the organization.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

If the radiologist at Tufts doesn't see cancer, than it's probably not there.

But if it were my pup, I'd pick up the phone and just inquire about the x-rays.

When I consulted them about something, they responded very quickly.

Crazy question--have they check his paw pads? Perhaps the limp isn't improving because he has TWO things going on?

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

It might not be a bad idea to call. My response times have ranged from the next day to several days later, depending on how busy they are.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest greytkidsmom

It took 3-4 days when we had Kebo's films and slides sent. After we got the response, it seemed like they had several people look at them which explains why it took more than a day.

Call or email again. Dr Marin, who does most of the communication through the website, is out of the country right now, so they might be behind a bit. But they don't mind if you bug them!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Call or email again. Dr Marin, who does most of the communication through the website, is out of the country right now, so they might be behind a bit. But they don't mind if you bug them!

Tis true-- Dr Marin is out of the country so Dr Couto is a one man band right now- be please patient.

Tis true-- Dr Marin is out of the country so Dr Couto is a one man band right now- be please patient.

They are correct. Dr. Marin is out of the country on leave until April. So they are VERY short handed. However, it won't hurt to contact them on Monday and see what the status is. You can re-submit the consultation form (be sure to state that it is a follow-up to a previous submission) or call them at 614-292-3551. You would likely have to leave a message as I know they are totally swamped.

Jane