Hole In The Toe Pad

Guest eva1634

Guest eva1634

Well, after months of lameness, vet visits and epsom salt soaks, I just had to pic at it and lo, something came off/out. Although there was no bleeding or discharge, it was nothing remarkable - glass, splinter, kernal of a corn; more like a scab that was ready to fall off Now, Kadi has a little hole in her pad (cannot get a picture up, sorry). That being said, she's moving better (with a bootie, of course), but the pad is till bigger than its neighbors and lighter in color.

My question is, has anyone else had a similar thing happen? If so, what did you do to get the pad to heal properly.

I welcome your input.

Sounds like a corn. The pad will heal up just fine on its own, nothing to do. If it's got a raw spot, you might just want to clean it when your pup comes in from outdoors, until the the skin toughens.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Brilly got a bit of rock embedded in a pad once that left a little hole when it came out. It kept collecting stuff so that it couldn't heal, so I ended up putting a tiny patch of duct tape over the hole. It stays on way longer than you'd expect (a couple days, even!), and the hole was able to heal from the inside out.

Good luck!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Sounds like a corn. The pad will heal up just fine on its own, nothing to do. If it's got a raw spot, you might just want to clean it when your pup comes in from outdoors, until the the skin toughens.

Yes, this!