Need To Know More About "bad Girl Panties"

So I've read plenty about belly bands here and have seen them on doggies in real life. Cool beans. What I've rarely heard about is the same solution for the girls. I think only once on GT have I seen a reference to "bad girl panties". Can you guys elaborate on that? Is it something you can make or buy like belly bands? Or do you just buy human girl panties and slap them on your dog?

(Yep, I may have to use them which is why I'm asking. We're going to get Capri checked for UTI and diabetes pronto, but in the meantime I want to know about temporary carpet-savers. :rolleyes: And probably rip out a chunk of our living room carpet and cover it with an area rug until we can afford to replace the whole room. Oy! :angry: )

... the joys of pet ownership. DH commented last night that we need to put a cork in Capri and have Pixie (the cat) lacquered. But yes, I'd suffer these inconveniences all life long for the rewards of doggy/kitty love! :wub:

Edited by jetcitywoman

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

They're more like an old fashioned diaper cover. I assume you put a diaper or incontinence pad in them.

For your carpet, you might try www.planeturine.com and buy their mega kit. I thought my carpet was DESTROYED and using their product I got the urine out so throughly that when I sold my condo, my realtor said, "No, I don't think you need to clean the carpets, they look great!" George had peed a LAKE of dark, nasty orange pee. I mean a LAKE. The stench was overwhelming. Liquids just spread it around, but the powder sucked it right out of the carpet!!

Edited by GeorgeofNE

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Does anyone have a website for these? Not that Summer needs any (touch wood) but I like to collect useful information into my greyhound file.

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

I believe there are some on GT that make the panties and perhaps they will chime in here. There are also vendors on Ebay that make them. The caveat is that panties for female greyhounds have to be custom made and not 'off the rack' so you need to find someone who will make them to order with your measurements, or at least someone who knows greyhounds to get the correct fit. Making these for a female dog is much more involved than for a male because the 'potty place' is in a different part so they have to fit like an actual panty rather than just a wrap around the middle for the males.

I used to make them but after a time it became more than what I was prepared to handle. I work full time (6 days a week) and making them on occasion was OK, but when I was making up to 10 a month it became too much. I don't have a website and I don't carry a stock of fabrics and it just became too time consuming to do in my spare time. I'm sure for the price I would have to charge to make it worth my while folks could get a much better deal from a vendor that does this for a living.

Thanks Sheila. I'll keep my eye out for them. By the way, is there a proper name for them other than bad girl panties, so that when I ask around people know what I'm talking about? (And don't think I'm confessing - LOL) :lol

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

I actually make one myself for Timo, but he's a boy. Poor dog is not going to like me posting this picture. He rarely has accidents, but sometimes when he's had too much to drink, and we leave, he'll pee in the crate. He's more nervous/anxious when we're gone, and when he drinks a lot, the nervousness tends to make him produce a tremendous amount of urine. When he goes inside, it's a gallon! This "diaper" works wonderfully, and keeps him dry. Last time it happened, we weren't even sure he had peed because the diaper was completely dry to the touch, but the diaper was super heavy, and after searching, found that some did leak out into the crate. But, overall, it contained the majority, and he didn't have to lie in it. We put it on him when we leave the house now, just in case. He seems perfectly fine with it and doesn't try to remove it.

Basically, you use a small man's depends type underwear, stick two extra absorbent pads on the inside, cut a hole for the tail. You will need lots of clear tape. Tape the sides of the hole, so the padding doesn't come out. Then you use a belly band to hold the diaper up. I tape the belly band to the top of the diaper. Basically, the entire belly band is covered in tape. Pick below for demonstration purposes only... poor doggy. :P

4f034757.jpg

Edited by Timo

Rickiesmom, those are really cute!

We had another accident tonight, so I really want to give these a try. But DH is worried that the first time she pees while wearing them, she'll get up on the couch and soil THAT too. How exactly do they work? Do you put a small diaper or sanitary pad in them?

(Yesterday we cut out half the carpet in the room and the padding, AND removed and replaced a piece of plywood sub-floor. So at least this time it's not the smell that attracted her. We'll get the blood results tomorrow but at this point we're thinking psychological/behavioral. Nothings changed in our household that we know of. I'm down to trying subtle psych things, like the panties or closing the blinds so she can't see outside. Feh!

Jaynie is a marking kind of a girl, but she learned pretty quickly not to pee on the main floor. The second floor though, took a lot longer, and that's why I got her the panties. You do put a sanitary pad inside. It helps but doesn't catch everything, at least in her case.

Eventually this behaviour stopped. I was worried when we moved to the new house that she would start over again. Fortunately not. Good luck!