Green Tripe

nancy14

I've heard green tripe is an appetite stimulate. I have 3 seniors who have decided they don't like their food anymore even though I add diced chicken breasts and everything else I can think of to their meal. I would like to try the tripe mixed in with their kibble.

Does anyone online use tripe and does anyone know the best and most economical on-line store to purchase it? I'm running out of options. These dogs are driving me :crazy .... :)

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Thanks. Do any of you think it works as an appetite stitmulant? I bought one can and they cleaned their dish -- that's one-third can each with kibble and chicken. But with three dogs and two cans a day plus everything else they get (kibble, chicken, etc,) $2.69 per can makes for an expensive meal. I'll check the websites. Thanks.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

If you have a Hispanic market near you check there for fresh green tripe. The Fiesta chain here carries it, and it's actually brown.

Someone on here told me that it was illegal to sell it at a grocery store, but the head honchos at Fiesta said otherwise. :dunno

Thanks. We have several smaller grocery stores not far. I'll check.

The Mexican grocery store stuff usually doesn't have the enzymes, grass,fatty acids and other stuff still in it, it's been cleaned. Yes, it does perk up appitites, I just add it to kibble and mix it in with a little warm water to spread it around.

I buy Tripett Original Green Beef and use a good sized spoonful or two, probably a little less than a fourth of a can between two hounds. I used to get a case at a time online, but found a local source, shipping gets expensive. You might try calling pet stores near you to see if they stock it or will get it for you, I found it at a little family run place.

I do buy offal at the local Mexican market and mix that in, clean bowl every time ... Oh , chicken feet too ... they kill for chicken feet and it's a good source of glucosamine.

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

Www.greentripe.com. There is a group of us who order quarterly. We order in such bulk that we usually get a great discount. The dogs love it, I buybtwo cases of the Xkaliber and feed them 1/3 of their meals Xkaliber.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

It is wonderful and I have found it extremely helpful in maintaining my seniors/broodies especially. They really like it. I get mine from My Pet Carnivore. I have also purchase from A Place for Paws. Both are good.

Most sources I checked said the cleaned bleached kind was worthless-and not appetizing either. Get the raw green tripe. Thats the GOOD stuff.

Edited by racindog

Guest WhiteWave

I bought the canned Trippet from doggiefood.com for Riddick when he was a little baby as he wouldn't eat! From 8 weeks to about 5 months of age, he wouldn't eat anything unless the trippet was mixed in it! I found it cheaper there than anywhere local.

You get free shipping after spending $49 which is easy to do!

Hey Nancy, GPA does a meet and greet at the Pet Supplies Plus on 76th St. I was telling Kathleen how picky Freddie has been. And she gave me a few idea's to try. Herbsmith has what's called smiling dog, it's a kibble seasoning. I bought a bottle for Freddie and he seems to like it.

There was also a canned dog food she had me try. It called Avanger's

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org