Sojos Fruit And Veggie

Josie

anyone gives this to your hound?

SOJOS Fruit and Veggie

Otis is raw fed and I used to add Hollistic Blend can side-dish but it's virtually imposible to find here anymore..

HB side dish

wanting to know what you think about that Sojos products

Thnaks!

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

Guest greyaspet

Sounds a lot like Dr Harvey's that I feed my dogs but Dr Harvey's has more veggies and the couple of products I looked at from Sojo I wasn't impressed with and it is much more costly than Dr Harvey's.

Assuming it is the Sojos grain free, I like it as a supplement to raw meat but find in general that Honest Kitchen Preference is better digested. I still like to ring the changes occasionally.

Pam

QC Canada

SOJOS Fruit and Veggie

Otis is raw fed and I used to add Hollistic Blend can side-dish but it's virtually imposible to find here anymore..

HB side dish

Thnaks!

thanks!

I got a small bag yesterday of the fruit and veggie mix.. I did a batch with raw chicke I feed Otis and he loved it.

One questions... do you see if your greys poop more with this? :unsure

this morning Otis did 2 huge poop pile.. no dierhea, it was perfectly form.. just the quantity was really bigger then what he poops on raw usually...

;)

Sounds a lot like Dr Harvey's that I feed my dogs but Dr Harvey's has more veggies and the couple of products I looked at from Sojo I wasn't impressed with and it is much more costly than Dr Harvey's.

thanks!

I'll ask about it at my store...

Assuming it is the Sojos grain free, I like it as a supplement to raw meat but find in general that Honest Kitchen Preference is better digested. I still like to ring the changes occasionally.

Pam

QC Canada

HI Pam :)

yes it's thegrain free (fruit and veggie). I'll check for the Honest Kitche brand :)

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

Be aware that they (Sojos)import their fruits and veggies from China! I had emailed them regarding their products and thats how I found out. Apparently Dr Harvey products do not import. Brit

SOJOS Fruit and Veggie

HB side dish

Thnaks!

Be aware that they (Sojos)import their fruits and veggies from China! I had emailed them regarding their products and thats how I found out. Apparently Dr Harvey products do not import. Brit

thanks for your post!

Sojos dog food is not listed on the FDA's pet food recall website, and has not been involved in any recent recalls.

I search the web and found the compagny respond to an e-mail about the origin of their products:

"Thanks for considering Sojos and for your question. We are a Minnesota company that was started in 1985. We do all of our own baking, freeze drying, milling and processing in our NE Minneapolis facility.

I wish it was possible to source all of our ingredients from the Midwest, but we use many exotic ingredients that make that impossible. We source everything that we can domestically and locally when possible. But certain ingredients, namely dried vegetable dices are impossible to source from the US. For example, 99.9% of all of the dried celery dices in the world come from China. And there are other vegetables and spices that simply aren’t grown in the US.

There are US importers that resell ingredients sourced overseas and some pet food companies buy from these “middle men” and then claim that their ingredients are domestic. But we strive to be a completely transparent company and we have nothing to hide or to be ashamed of. When we buy ingredients from Asian sources, we have a representative on the ground inspecting not only the factory but the finished product to ensure that we’re getting the finest human-quality ingredients. This is the same stuff found in “people food” at the grocery store like soup mixes, stuffing mix, trail mix, etc. No feed ingredients. No by-products. No artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors.

As far as pesticides go, you could mention that we’re actually at somewhat of an advantage because our dried celery and apples are imported. The FDA has very strict rules regarding pesticide levels in imported products. For that reason, all ingredients are tested for pesticides before being shipped to us. Domestic growers don’t have that extra testing step because the products are already in the US."

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data