Duncan Is Home

Guest Tiptons_Mom

Guest Tiptons_Mom

Duncan (Wv's Jerome) came home to us on Thursday.

For those who don't know the story we adopted Tipton back in December, and when his SA was not getting any better I decided that he was just one of those hounds that needed another hound. On January 2nd we took Tipton back to GAA where he picked Duncan to be his housemate. They got along very well and the kids and I fell in love with him as well.

The following week he was to go to the vet and they found that he had Babesisios and he was going to need treatment. We were told that he would need to be given two pretty nasty injections two weeks apart and that we would need to wait for about 6 weeks for him to come home.

Well, he did great with his treatments and the vet, GAA and I all agreed that Duncan would be able to come home a little earlier than expected to recover from this mess. He will go to be fixed in a few weeks when he has gotten some of his strength back.

The boys get along great, they have even been seen sleeping with their heads on one another. They are still both muzzled for the most part and that will be until we get Duncan to realize that the cats are not to be eaten (This really needs some work)

We are so excited to have both boys here, they are two totally different personalities, yet both so sweet.

As for Tipton's SA, it has not gone completely, but there has been a huge improvement with the addition of Duncan, and I have hopes that this will continue to lessen with time.

And now for the pics.

2012-02-11_19-36-28_882.jpg

2012-02-12_09-51-52_486.jpg

The boys sharing a sunbeam

2012-02-12_11-15-30_217.jpg

Sharing the empty peanut butter jar

Duncan has some pressure sores on his ankles so we are using Manuka honey and wraps (blue in the pics) to help heal them up.

Guest verthib

Just wonderful !!!! I love knowing greys don't have to live without another grey. We had a REALLY challenging time getting Angus to accept our cats. If you want tips on what we did, PM me! Now they pretty much live in harmony.

Congrats on your new baby!:yay

Congratulations...what a wonderful story....

By the way, I still leave my two boys muzzled when I'm not home. JJ is a bit aggressive with the cat (and he can get Dustin caught up int he moment), and even though they adore each other, I eliminate any concern this way of them getting snarky when i'm not there.....So don't feel bad, if you err on the side of caution!

Good luck with these babies! How wonderful that you "did the right" thing by your first boy by bringing a second hound in.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest Tiptons_Mom

Good luck with these babies! How wonderful that you "did the right" thing by your first boy by bringing a second hound in.

Well, I have to say that this was not totally a selfless act. I had fallen so much in love with the breed and with Tipton that I was beginning to see myself with a second hound.

Truth be told, if I had the room, I think I would have even more. They are addictive. :P

Congratulations!

Sounds like things are off to a great start, except maybe for the kitties.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)