The Doctor

Guest GreytOD

He has a TARDIS blue tag collar I made him. There really needs to be more Doctor Who inspired pet gear, I agree! - Also, am I the only one who can only hear bowtie in my head pronounced by River Song? I love love love River.

I would go retro, but I will admit I've only seen the newer seasons... I'm kind of scared to go back to the originals. Being a "90's kid" (and technology stereotypes apply) I'm not sure I can handle going back :blush I will admit I am totally in love with the 11th Doctor. The 6th season totally makes my world.

Alan really likes huskies, and we've discussed in the very far future we'll bring home a husky named Stormaggedon- call name Alfie. :P Yay for obscure references. And even better for other Dr. Who fans!

OMG Stormaggedon for a Husky would rock! (We have 2 huskies here as well as my grey)

BIG DW fans here! In fact, I have a character in a game I play (WoW) that is named Rìversong :blush I also have another one, as a nod to the classic Who, named Romaná :)

In fact, both names are at the top of the list for the next female pet I bring home B)

My 10 yr old son wanted to um... "paint" Sammi silver for Halloween so she would be K9 to his Doctor, but we had difficulties piecing together his outfit to his satisfaction. (And I don't think pet dye came in silver anyways :blink: )

Edited by Gryffenne

Her name is Charity, she's an 8 year old girl available with Star City Greyhounds. :)

There is something about her face, but unfortunately, we are too far away.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GreytOD

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply, Tina. Grad school consumed my life for the past few weeks. His tag collar is just plain blue, but I like to think of it as close to TARDIS blue. It isn't so cool as to actually have TARDISs on it.

It is made out of vintage swiss velvet ribbon, which hopefully will last a long time because I love the color- a deep cobalt. The Boomarang tag is sewn into the adjustable portion so it doesn't irritate his neck. Then, so that it will break away and allow me to hold onto him if needed, I used a book binding ring to attach the adjustable loop to a loop sewn onto the other end. The book binding ring opens up if twisted to the sides, so if he gets stuck on something and pulls and twists away then it will open up and slip out of the loops letting the collar fall off; but if you hold onto the collar and only apply force straight back, then it will stay closed. With any twisting what so ever it will pop open.

In the first picture you can see the tag:

6947996163_5c97578aee.jpg

The tag and the book ring:

6947996135_999ca41e90.jpg

The ring:

6801895598_34fb3ae33a.jpg

I know, not as cool as an actual TARDIS collar :blush

Edited by GreytOD

Guest DragonflyDM

Where did you get your dog tag? I have wanted to get one of those and stop the “jingle” but I don’t know where to get them from someplace reliable.

Guest GreytOD

I got the tag from WoofTags. The tag got to me really quickly, and looks fantastic. WoofTags uses Boomarang tags, so comes with the same free shipping and guarantee that it will be legible for the pets life, and through WoofTags 100% goes to pet adoption. I highly recommend them. :)

And Yay for so many Dr. Who fans! We mostly call him The Doctor, but we're both graduate students so at school that can get a bit confusing... there he's Dr. P or Pepper. To make sure he doesn't get too confused though his official recall/ focus name is Warsaw (from his racing name) since we figure that won't come up in typical conversation often, if at all.