Whining

Guest saltwaterron

Guest saltwaterron

8 months ago riley was diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy. her 6 month check up after that diagnosis showed that her heart had increased in size. for the last 4 nights around her bedtime, she has started to whimper, something she has never ever done before. she does settle down after awhile but could she be trying to relate that something is going on? could she be uncomfortable? i just have no inkling as to what might be going on. any ideas? we go to the vet wednesday. maybe she will have an idea as to what might be going on.

Guest capers7

Poor Riley! Wow, that is a tough one. If she whimpered every time she went to lie down then she might be uncomfortable, (fluid in the lungs making it hard to breath when she lies down), but if only at bedtime? Hard to say. Definitely a trip to the vet may give you the answer. Sorry I can't help more. Give her a hug from us.

Guest saltwaterron

vet seemed puzzled by whining but did note it. riley's heart sounded good but vet said to realize that with her with condition her health could change overnight. it has been 9 months since diagnosis.

Guest saltwaterron

no imaging today. she had ultrasound last june which revealed the problem. 6 month follow up x-ray showed the heart had gotten bigger. even my untrained eye could see it. i just don't know what to expect next or when her condition might turn for the worse. that is the tough part for me. i sure hate to know that she will get sicker but i will not let her suffer.

Guest verthib

no imaging today. she had ultrasound last june which revealed the problem. 6 month follow up x-ray showed the heart had gotten bigger. even my untrained eye could see it. i just don't know what to expect next or when her condition might turn for the worse. that is the tough part for me. i sure hate to know that she will get sicker but i will not let her suffer.

Maybe some of her habits are changing as her health changes? (maybe she's cold, doesn't like her bedtime bed, needs to potty, etc.)

I would get her back to the vet for a look. Hugs and best wishes to your pup.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.