Im Now A Little Freaked Out

Guest IndyHound

Guest IndyHound

Ok My 4 almost 5 yr old female grey Goldie had this thing (and ive attached a video link) where she starts to heave mostly this is done after she eats but not always. This is the first time that she's done it before eating. Shes not doing it constantly just every once and a while. But like a noob Ive fallen victim to an internet search and am wondering if this could be bloat or something else. She right now is calmly laying next to me but is still doing it in short in frequent increments. Anyone else have any history with this?http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n63/wmhpm/?action=view&current=1fba6b2d.mp4

That looks like a reverse sneeze to me :)

That's what it looks like to me, too. :)

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest KsFrets

Magnus is the only one of our three that does the reverse sneeze. We've never really figured out why... sometimes when he eats too fast. Sometimes when he gets excited too quick after waking from a nap. Sometimes totally out of the blue... like in the middle of the night. It doesn't happen often, once or twice a week tops, sometimes he'll go a month or two without doing it.

It's a reverse sneeze. Rainy does it when her allergies act up. If you can get them to breathe through their mouths the spasm stops. Sometimes massaging their throats works, getting them to lick a thin layer of PB off a large plate, getting them to eat a cookie, going for a walk outside (usually makes them open their mouths to pant), some say rescue remedy helps stop an attack, etc.

I usually give Rainy a couple allergy pills and give her something to chew on until they kick in.

------

Jessica

Guest capers7

I had a poodle that used to do this, though she was a lot louder than that. I agree with all the things, though rubbing her throat seemed to work well with her.

Another vote for reverse sneeze. Venus starts to do this when she gets excited about getting a treat. The older she gets the more she does it. As a result I've given her the nickname Eefin Annie.

My parents' dog does this when her allergies kick up.