How To Open Liquid Metacam Bottle?

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I'm suppose to start Cobb on metacam tonight but I can't seem to get top off the bottle. Anyone know the secret for getting the child proof cap off?

My bottle had a plastic ring attached to the bottom of the lid that needed to become "unattached" in order to unscrew the top.

I think I used a pair of pliers & just forced the durn thing.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Cobb is doing ok. He's had some chronic issues since we've gotten him (we adopted him as a bounce at 9.5 yo). He limps on his front left leg. We had the whole leg/shoulder x-rayed in 3/10. He's been on carprofen for a long time to help. The limp had gotten worse in December so we had the whole leg x-rayed again. Having had 3 dogs with osteo, I'm a little paranoid. The x-rays are showing arthritis. We decided to try metacam instead of carprofen to see if it helps. His other on-going issues are pretty bad allergies (75 mg benedryl x 2 year around) and he's not a good eater. The poor boy has no idea he's 11.5. He's a high energy greyhound but his body just can't keep up.

Guest twoskinnydogs

Hey just some info, I found out that Meloxicam, the drug that is Metacam is available at the pharmacy. When my Emma was taking it for Osteo I checked and it was a $12 drug at Walmart. Asked my vet and he wrote the Rx and gave me the dosage.....saved a lot of money for the same drug. Hopefully your Cobb won't have to be on it too long

Guest Mom2Shiloh

Someone just suggested a little coconut oil, just a little -- as a very effective appetite stimulant. I plan on trying that -- it seems we often have appetite problems around here, and thought I'd mention it.