Dark Skin On Belly

Guest dray1965

Guest dray1965

My soon to be 8yr old boy, Bailey, has some dark skin on his belly, it looks like it has spread some in the last few weeks. It is not painful, or itchy, just the skin is changing color from pink to a darker color. He doesn't act sick in anyway. Is this something I should be a concerned about? He does lay in the grass outside for 5 or 10mins when I come home for lunch to walk him - I will observe him tomorrow and see if he is laying on the same side that is getting darker, maybe it could be the grass? Any advise is appreciated.

Does it look really dark and almost blackhead like ? Ruby has discolored skin and the vet told us it is similar to acne but it isn't pimply looking or ever get itchy or have pus. It is just dark. He said we could use acne pads on it but it might just irritate her skin more and it is nothing to worry about. I too thought it might be dirt when I first got her and scrubbed with no change.

Karen

Guest dray1965

It's a suntan :)

Truthfully, that's about what it looks like! :)

Silly question, I know, but with all the rain we've had here did you check to see if it was dirt or mud? Like I said it probably is a silly question.

With my boy, anything could be possible, but I've checked and there's no dirt or mud. :)