Hello From Nebraska!

Hi, I am new here from Nebraska. I just got my first greyhound puppy 2 days ago and am very anxious to learn more about the breed. Her name is Bacardi and she is 10 weeks old. I have not had much luck on information on how to properly raise, feed and take care of a greyhound puppy so I figured I would start here. I really want to learn as much as I can about them so that I can take proper care of her, she is my second dog, I also have a Border Collie who I thought would make good friends with her. any information would be helpful! thanks!

Welcome from Iowa. The majority of us here have adopted retired racers hence not a lot of puppy experience, but some do. Is Bacardi from a racing farm or is she an AKC greyhound, or from some other background?

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

You need to upload photos in a hosting site like Photobucket, and then you post the IMG codes from the site in your message. Then you see the photos right in your message.

The Facebook links don't work -- the photos are probably not set for public viewing.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Can't see them. You can load them into photobucket to upload. photobucket.com It's easy to just set up an account and upload. Then you just copy and paste the link.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

OMG! She is so adorable! I just want to climb through my iPad and kiss that face of hers! :kiss2

How fun... I would give anything to have known my two Greys, Heisman and Alex, we're that age!

Enjoy!!!

Cheryl - "Mom" to RUNNER (Gunnah, born 6/15/2012) and FARGO (Ridin Shotgun, born 8/21/2015). Missing my Grey-Angels HEISMAN (RX Heisman) (3/29/2005-2/1/2016) and ALEX (Bevenly) (4/15/2005-6/7/2018).

thank you, I honestly would have rather rescued one, but had never really looked into it. She was so sweet looking. I knew I would have plenty of time and space for her to get the proper exercise. She has a buddy to play with, my 4 year old bordercollie/aussie mix. and both my dogs go to work with me, so she is never alone, she fits in so great here, have not had any accidents in the house and she is a little cuddle bug!

Guest PhillyPups

:wave Hi and welcome to GT. A few on here have raised puppies, the youngest I have had (he is still a crazy puppy) is 2-1/2

Your pups are adorable. I look forward to watching Bacardi grow up with us. :)