Doesn't Potty Often...

Guest zombrie

Guest zombrie

I didn't know where to post this, but I figured this will be the best place.

Minerva has pretty much been absolutely perfect besides getting blood everywhere with her happy tail (it's wrapped now) :P

I don't necessarily want to call it an issue, but she is doing something that's unusual. She hardly ever goes to the bathroom. I take her out frequently but she almost never goes, she is too focused on going back to bed :lol

It seems she only pee's twice a day. She goes at 5 am and then around 6 pm, and that is it :blink: I have never encountered a dog who does this. It's like she waits until she is ready to burst to go. I take her out about 6 times a day in hopes she will go more often, but she doesn't.

Has anyone had a dog who does this? Do you think she will go more often over time? I wish she would start peeing before we go to bed so I can sleep a little later in the morning. I don't mind, but I'm starting to get a bit sleepy :sleepy A couple more hours in the morning would be nice. I just don't want to ignore her because I know that she hasn't peed since 6 the night before...

I've had a couple of girls like her Brie. Once they figured out they could go more often, they adjusted and did. I swore Heart had a bladder the size of Texas but once she figured out she could go out whenever she wanted she adjusted.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

The times she does pee, is there anything that is different than the times she doesn't? Meaning both times on leash? Same place? Coat, no coat? Lol...I've heard some greys won't pee with a coat on :lol

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Guest zombrie

Good to know! She is a smart girl, and I am confident she will get it. I just didn't know if it was "just her", you know? Today I started giving her treats after she goes, hoping it will help her understand :dunno

The times she does pee, is there anything that is different than the times she doesn't? Meaning both times on leash? Same place? Coat, no coat? Lol...I've heard some greys won't pee with a coat on :lol

I did think of that, and I have experimented coat on/off but it doesn't seem to matter to her. She has no problem going #2 it's just #1 that she is being weird about :rolleyes:

Guest zombrie

She doesn't seem to drink any less than Mira and Doolin do... and when she does go, she goes A LOT. I guess it's just a time thing and figuring her out!

Yes! I had this issue with Lila when I first got her. I think it was just a settling in issue. She goes much more frequently now, but still not every time I put her out. Sometimes she still doesn't go pee on the first out of the morning and chooses to wait until after she has breakfast and her after breakfast nap before she goes. :blink: She drinks enough and gets water on her food. I am just grateful for her large and healthy bladder. :)

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Are you just taking her out to a yard or are you walking her in the neighborhood? Would she pee more if she could check out new places? Beth doesn't pee much in yard (when we even use it -- partly we don't because she doesn't much care to "go" there), but she's a big marker everywhere else.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest zombrie

Are you just taking her out to a yard or are you walking her in the neighborhood? Would she pee more if she could check out new places? Beth doesn't pee much in yard (when we even use it -- partly we don't because she doesn't much care to "go" there), but she's a big marker everywhere else.

I do go to different places, but she is still new herself so everything is new to her!

Guest verthib

Good point. My girl gets really bored with our yard. Many times I need to walk her to get he to pee.

Guest zombrie

Good point. My girl gets really bored with our yard. Many times I need to walk her to get he to pee.

Read above response. I live in an apartment, I don't have a yard anyway.

I've had a few fosters start out like this.

Give her a week (+/-), to settle in a bit more (though she looks pretty comfy already :colgate ), and I bet she'll be peeing like a champ!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Guest verthib

Read above response. I live in an apartment, I don't have a yard anyway.

Just making suggestions. I don't know how I was supposed to know you live in an apartment without a yard.

Guest KennelMom

My first, Haley, had a bladder of steel. She usually pee'd twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. Even at the age of 14 she could/would hold it for 12+ hours sometimes!

My girl is like this too. Much more likely to pee on a walk than the yard but no where near the pee-er my boy is. rolleyes.gif Must be the same volume, just a different delivery. lol.gif She's also easily distracted from it - if Conor flys by her, off she goes after him. Without peeing. mad.gif But she's never gone in the house, so I figure it's her problem. Such a mean old hag I am.....tongue.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis