I Can't Tell If Its Agression Or Playing

Guest BellaNala

Guest BellaNala

Tonight Nala (Greyhound) and my (Italian greyhound) Bella started off playing nice...then it escalated a bit and Bella just stood still as a statue not sure what to do. Nala was barking, growling and showing her teeth. I am wondering if it is agression or just them fighting out who's in charge. I watch them carefully so no hurting Bella because of course the size concerns me. Bella wants to so play with her, but Nala doesn't know how to play. She is very clumsy, I know the play bow she does that most of the time, but like I said tonight Bella was stiff then she barked back and growled. Is this the fight for Alpha Female?

It sounds like Bella was mad. When Jilly Bean takes that stance and growls and shows her teeth she's serious. What was your greyhounds response?

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee