Merlin's Continuing Health Issues

So very glad to hear that Bumper is doing so well :colgate Thanks for the advice, I will bring this up with my vet too.

Merlin please eat or I will tell Miss Kerry to give it to Sagan. So there, now starts the countdown

Caroline, what are you doing to my wizard? Whatever it is, please continue :lol HE ATE MOST OF HIS DINNER LAST NIGHT! :yay :yay :yay

And this morning he didn't refuse... wait for it... his canned I/D! :wow (I had to mix in a little Purina EN at first)

And at lunchtime today... he even ate some I/D kibble!! 44e1c5a3.gif68544df1.gif

This was me last night ---> thhappydance.gif:kiss2

Unfortunately, he still has bad diarrhea, but the color seems a bit more normal. And he slept through the night with no tummy gurgles at all. So I will keep him on Metro and gather all my information and discuss new options, hopefully this week. In the meantime, I will keep him on Sucralfate as well, until his stools firm up. :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea about IBD hounds, but Gertie has terrible diarrhea unless I give her a teaspoon of Manukah honey once a day. I tried it out of desperation because nothing else seemed to work and it is managing quite well. Not that it is always perfect, but formed enough I can scoop it up. I tried decreasing the amount of honey and tried once to take her off it, but the liquid poo started coming back. I am now set up on Amazon that I automatically get a jar of honey every month. I've ordered different brands and haven't noticed any problem in switching brands.

Like I said, I know nothing about IBD, but since you are desperate, ask your vet about the Manukah honey. Of course, it's possible that IBD dogs can't stand the honey?? Good luck and fingers crossed for no gurgles and firm poo. unsure.gif

I have no idea about IBD hounds, but Gertie has terrible diarrhea unless I give her a teaspoon of Manukah honey once a day. I tried it out of desperation because nothing else seemed to work and it is managing quite well. Not that it is always perfect, but formed enough I can scoop it up. I tried decreasing the amount of honey and tried once to take her off it, but the liquid poo started coming back. I am now set up on Amazon that I automatically get a jar of honey every month. I've ordered different brands and haven't noticed any problem in switching brands.

Like I said, I know nothing about IBD, but since you are desperate, ask your vet about the Manukah honey. Of course, it's possible that IBD dogs can't stand the honey?? Good luck and fingers crossed for no gurgles and firm poo. unsure.gif

Fletcher gets about a tsp of Manuka honey whenever his IBD starts to act up, it is amazing how helpful it is! Of course, each IBD dog is a little different, so Merlin may not tolerate it. So glad to hear he is eating better!

Actually there was a study done showing Manuka honey did more to reduce inflammation than the drugs that are commonly given for this. I'll see if I can find that study.

That a way Merlin! Keep it up buddy!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.